Gigabyte Z77-D3H Freezing

Yeah ive been having these freezing issues on my UD5H...

i did a memtest and it crashed at 47%, i updated bios and it crashed, pc wouldnt turn on...

Eventually pc turned on and loaded backup BIOS, seems stable now but this was only with a 4-5 hours testing. Will try more tonight.

Yeah ive been having these freezing issues on my UD5H...

i did a memtest and it crashed at 47%, i updated bios and it crashed, pc wouldnt turn on...

Eventually pc turned on and loaded backup BIOS, seems stable now but this was only with a 4-5 hours testing. Will try more tonight.

I wish I'd done more research before buying..
Loads of people have recommended this board, but then loads of people have also had problems.

Just thought could be your graphic card ATi Radeon not compatible with the board also on the link I added it seems he is using ATi card.

Just thought could be your graphic card ATi Radeon not compatible with the board also on the link I added it seems he is using ATi card.

Happens with or without the card.. (I don't use the card most times as I can't access the BIOS while using the HDMI on the card, my Monitor resizes the screen stupid so i have to use the onboard VGA out)
same with the PCI wireless card, freezes regardless of whether it's there or not.

common fixes on all gigabyte boards are setting

bclk to 100 or 101
set cpu voltage response to fast
enable x.m.p if your memory supports it
flash the main and backup bios chips with the same bios version by pressing alt and f10 at gigabyte splash screen

press them repeatedly and fast

Matched the Backup and main bios, made sure all the alterations were added (100.1mhz.. etc..)
booted nicely a few times.. no freezing yet.

It's currently running memtest with one of my 8gb sticks..
will check in when it's around 2 hours or so

Back
Top Bottom