Gin recommendations?

Commissario
I'm a newbie when it comes to drinking gin. When on holiday earlier in GU this year I bought some Blue Bottle gin purely on the name and the shape of the bottle.

MhcGTwd.jpeg

This only got opened a couple of weeks ago but I've already almost emptied it. I think it's very good (at £40 for the bottle, it needed to be)

I don't want to go overboard on gin in the same way I've done with rum but I'd like some recommendations as to what gin to buy next based on the fact that I really like this Blue Bottle gin.

By coincidence I won a trip around the Silent Pool gin distillery (along with a £50 voucher to spend in their shop) at our work Christmas party so I'm now looking forward to getting that booked. When I won it, I was a complete gin virgin, having never touched a drop of it in my life.

Over to you, OcUK gin drinkers.

Commissario
OP
It’s worst the boats mess you about! If you’re lucky, the Liability will do a whole crossing without breaking down...
A group of us were on GU a few years back, those of us on the Condor got home long before those who were flying because the weather turned bad and all flights were cancelled. This was when Condor ran the two nice reliable boats, not the stupid new one and they were able to get the midnight crossing back.

I was given two bottles of utter rubbish rum for Christmas and have just returned them to Tesco. They were out of Ophir so I swapped them for a bottle of Sipsmith Dry London Gin which I did a quick read up of while I was standing in the shop and it seems to get decent reviews.

Commissario
OP
An update - I'm well over half way through the Sipsmith now and it's very good. It's slightly more bitter than the Blue Bottle and not quite so smooth but it's still very good. I'd recommend it.

I've got these samples to work through once I've finished the Sipsmith and decide what to buy next.

7In1R0w.jpeg

Commissario
OP
I've just picked up this, based on a comment in here and the fact that it was on the shelf in a supermarket!

Vh1uq1u.jpeg

Curent rating order
Blue Bottle
Martin Miller's

Then it's very difficult to pick one I prefer out of Sipsmith and the Caorunn. I think the Caorunn may be slightly edging it above the Sipsmith.

Commissario
OP
For around £28 you can get Martin Miller's from supermarkets which I think is a lot better than Opihr. It's worth stretching that few extra quid for brownie points.

Back
Top Bottom