Given up something for lent?

Caporegime
Lent-Started-8-Seconds-Ago.png

Giving-Up-Lent-for-Lent.png

Permabanned
I’m giving up non alcoholic drinks and feeding my children.

About as dumb as lol sky pixies.

If you want to be a better person then just do it. Don’t wait for some bloke in a dress to suggest it.

Soldato
The organist at St. Alkmund's Church here in Whitchurch vowed to give up drinking his favourite beer, he was on whiskey last night...

I knew an organist once, he was also a demon for the drink and quite a character. You wouldn't think so by looking at him. I think he even got arrested for being drunk & disorderly on his way home one night. :D

Permabanned
We sadly lost the local vicar two years ago. His main claim to fame apart from abject womanising and a finally fatal love of the booze, was falling in someone's grave allegedly much the worse for drink, during a funeral service. He was dearly loved though and a great guy, with a wicked sense of humour but also truly compassionate, whilst not suffering pretentious fools at all gladly. He rekindled some of my faith in the clergy. I think the Women's Institute breathed a quiet sigh of relief at his passing though ;) He once asked me to go outside the White Lion and find his car as he was in no fit state to find it himself, and he wanted to know if was facing the right way as he didn't want "another bump in the car park". When I saw the state of his battered Citroen I could see what he meant... ;)

Soldato
Not really sure what lent is, or why I should give anything up for it, but I have cut down on chocolate and red meat.......for health reasons though

It's like Christmas but instead of giving other people presents, you give yourself a gift: the gift of will power.

/davidbrent

Back
Top Bottom