Glasgow

Associate
I know OP is asking about Glasgow, but if time permits, definitely visit Edinburgh if you have a daytime free. Only an hour train ride away. Be rude not to.

Caporegime
Chakoo, Chayopra, Mozza, Paesano, Dhakin.

Tbh all you need is trip advisor these days. All the good restaurants and all the ones being mentioned in this thread are usually in the top 10 or top 20 in glasgow.

Mal Maison is good if you want an upmarket place to go for drinks but it's in a secluded area of the city for a good reason too it keeps all the riff raff out.

Soldato
Oh boy. Where to even start...

If you like tasting menu's, try Six By Nico or Cail Bruich. Its a bit short notice though, so you might struggle to get a booking. Scran in Alexandra Parade or Gnom near Queens Park station both do excellent brunch's. Bill's restaurant in the city centre is a good choice. Buck's Bar is amazing for chicken. Revolution is a decent place for a cocktail. Mora Bar & Kitchen is a good Italian place. Pizza Punks does good pizza. I've not tried it yet, but a lot of people rave about Stack & Still if you fancy a good pancake house. Tazo Mazama and Topolabamba are both good for Mexican food. I don't really know many good Thai places, though I'm sure they exist. Only one I know is at the Silverburn shopping centre called Thaikhun. The Silverburn Shopping Centre is worth a visit. There's a really nice takeaway place called Sprigg if you fancy a good salad bowl. Tempo Tea Bar is good if you like bubble tea.

If your in the mood for something sweet then Deeserts or Loop & Scoop are both excellent choices.

And of course there's load of chain places that are good for eating, like Gourmet Burger Kitchen, Taco Bell, Tim Horton's, Patisserie Valerie, All Bar One, Pret, EAT. I'm sure there are countless more places, but that's all I can think of right now :D

Agreed, pizza punks is very good! (and cheap!)

I need to try the rest on your list when I'm next back home.

Caporegime
Don't listen to him Pizza Punks is the best!

i've been to pizza punks and thought it was nothing special.

mozza was really good but tbh i cannot understand why people would go out for pizza (flour, tomatoes and cheese).

i own a ooni 3 so i can make fresh pizza at home using a wood fired oven but mainly during summer as don't want to be outside making pizzas in cold rainy weather. pizza to me is like basic food. if i'm paying for food i don't want beans on toast, etc. i want something worthwhile. the main attraction to pizza punks is the price rather than quality. mozza do any pizzer for a fiver before 5pm. so it's actually cheaper during the day but at night those pizzas are like £13-£17 each or something.

steak cattle and roll is great for a beef burger, as is chunky chicken for a chicken burger. pepe's is great for chicken and rice boxes. if you are wanting good cheap food.

Caporegime
i've been to pizza punks and thought it was nothing special.

mozza was really good but tbh i cannot understand why people would go out for pizza (flour, tomatoes and cheese).

i own a ooni 3 so i can make fresh pizza at home using a wood fired oven but mainly during summer as don't want to be outside making pizzas in cold rainy weather. pizza to me is like basic food. if i'm paying for food i don't want beans on toast, etc. i want something worthwhile. the main attraction to pizza punks is the price rather than quality. mozza do any pizzer for a fiver before 5pm. so it's actually cheaper during the day but at night those pizzas are like £13-£17 each or something.

steak cattle and roll is great for a beef burger, as is chunky chicken for a chicken burger. pepe's is great for chicken and rice boxes. if you are wanting good cheap food.

Srsly offering up chunky chicken and pepes as recommendations?

Might as well offer up ‘Best’ kebab.

PS the chicken burgers at cc is indeed worth (everything else is average, chips got worse... somehow)

Caporegime
Srsly offering up chunky chicken and pepes as recommendations?

Might as well offer up ‘Best’ kebab.

PS the chicken burgers at cc is indeed worth (everything else is average, chips got worse... somehow)

well others are mentioning chain restaurants so I don't see the difference and also pizza punks which is nothing special.

so i mentioned 2 good burger joints and i did mention chicken burger specifically in CC.

it would help if OP mentions budget and what he is looking for. or just goes on trip advisor.

sometimes people want to spend <£10 on a lunch or some want to spend £75+ on a dinner. he never mentioned what he was looking for. i did mention restaurants in my first post so you may want to go back and look at that.

Back
Top Bottom