Global BSOD

Associate
Anyone slightly concerned how reliant we are on all this IT infrastructure yet how easy it seems to be to disrupt?

I think you grossly under-estimate the sophistication of modern cyber attacks.

This is not some spotty youth giving their friend a 3.5" floppy infected with a trojan horse.

Last edited:
Soldato
Vanguard seems to be down..
BoE had issues yesterday..

I guess I’m in for either a very busy day or a “not my problem” day..

If it is crowdstrike, their insurance policy will take a massive hit.

Man of Honour
I'm on holiday at the moment but I'm guessing work is affected - trying to connect to some stuff remotely is just giving an server error: unknown message or nothing happening just eventual timeout.

EDIT: Most stuff seems to be working just a small number of services out. Mostly seems to be the external parts of HR and payroll systems having problems.

Last edited:
Soldato
Glad I'm not at work today, I will be shortly making my way to the beach in Sicily while chaos is happening at work. We have a lot of clients who use CrowdStrike

Soldato
OP
I'm on holiday at the moment but I'm guessing work is affected - trying to connect to some stuff remotely is just giving an server error: unknown message or nothing happening just eventual timeout.

EDIT: Most stuff seems to be working just a small number of services out. Mostly seems to be the external parts of HR and payroll systems having problems.

All the online stuff is working so far, it's hardware that's affected i.e. PCs looping the BSOD.

Anyway, stop trying to log on while on holiday!

Man of Honour
All the online stuff is working so far, it's hardware that's affected i.e. PCs looping the BSOD.

Anyway, stop trying to log on while on holiday!

I'm not in the loop but looks like they are just rolling over everything to make sure it is all working properly by 9am.

EDIT: Yeah just got a notification about various system outages (due to being impacted) with teams on it and a planned resolution of 9.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sky news is off air because of this apparently...

Is this the "big one"? I mean, the world - especially the western world - is extremely reliant on I.T. not to mention extreme vulnerable to a malicious attack....

I mean, imagine the meltdown of society if the OC/UK forums go down!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sky news is off air because of this apparently...

Is this the "big one"? I mean, the world - especially the western world - is extremely reliant on I.T. not to mention extreme vulnerable to a malicious attack....

I mean, imagine the meltdown of society if the OC/UK forums go down!

The mods have fed the gerbils!

Back
Top Bottom