Global BSOD

Man of Honour
Sky news is off air because of this apparently...

Is this the "big one"? I mean, the world - especially the western world - is extremely reliant on I.T. not to mention extreme vulnerable to a malicious attack....

I mean, imagine the meltdown of society if the OC/UK forums go down!

Most stuff seems to be working, just a few services impacted. Does demonstrate how forced automatic updates is a bad thing though.

Caporegime
I'm old enough to remember a world without the internet, a simpler time. We are far far to reliant on this stuff now, and one day it might all cease to work.
What then...

Apart from travel and medicine.. I'm not sure if the modern world is better tbh.

Caporegime
Totally agree.

I genuinely think that computers/phones and the internet have made a lot of things worse.

Yeah I use technology we all do. But I don't think I'm any happier for it.
Some people live online now. Many friends I cannot get them out of the house at all. I only interact with them online

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah I use technology we all do. But I don't think I'm any happier for it.
Some people live online now. Many friends I cannot get them out of the house at all. I only interact with them online

It certainly owns some people that’s for sure, myself included to an extent.

Caporegime
Things like this are worrying.

I know it's unlikely, but one thing I've often thought about is just how damaging it would be if one of the main free email providers lost everyone's data/emails and access to their email address.

Hundreds of millions of people likely have their entire life's associated with a gmail or outlook account so I feel like it would be pretty cataclysmic if something like that were to happen.

Soldato
Things like this are worrying.

I know it's unlikely, but one thing I've often thought about is just how damaging it would be if one of the main free email providers lost everyone's data/emails and access to their email address.

Hundreds of millions of people likely have their entire life's associated with a gmail or outlook account so I feel like it would be pretty cataclysmic if something like that were to happen.

This is why you have a robust and tested DR solution.

Man of Honour
I'm old enough to remember a world without the internet, a simpler time. We are far far to reliant on this stuff now, and one day it might all cease to work.
What then...
Give it a few hours and we’ll all be old enough to know life without internet.

Man of Honour
This issue and the M365 mess, means it's going to be a bad day for some people.

Ah didn't realise that was (probably) a separate issue, had issues with SharePoint and related around 7am when I first became aware of this issue but it mostly seems back up now. Mostly what seems impacted at work, by this issue, it stuff which relies on external systems like payroll.

Caporegime
Glad I quit IT. Just got so fed up of dealing with all this **** and nothing ever working/everything always changing every 2 seconds.

Has to be one of the least rewarding jobs ever.

"Oh so you've just finished learning how this thing works, and spent ages getting it to carry out the tasks you need it for? Sorry, it's all changed again now."

**** off.

Last edited:
Soldato
What then...

We're reliant on it because it's made life easier, quicker, cheaper (in general terms), and in many cases better.

There's many times a year you get outages like these. **** happens and then people fix stuff and life goes on.

Back
Top Bottom