Gobsmacked about the Philips Fidelio X1

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Looks like people over at Head-Fi are getting rather excited about changing earpads:

x2_hf1.jpg

x2_hf2.jpg

There's talk about the "subwoofer/bass" description though hinting possibly at a directional change from higher level mid-fi audiophile to more basshead?

Soldato
ermahgerd had me genuinely in stitches, Im childish :D

X2 will be at the price to buy when I bore of my X1, until then I have no need to change them at all, when my Q701 finally turn up back at massdrop and are reposted I will have all bases covered.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Really you should give the bassmod a go on the Q701. Since I did mine I haven't missed the bass detail of the X1 a single moment. Just makes the 701 so much more enjoyable combined with that immense soundstage.

I miss the X1 build quality but ho hum, sound quality matters more!

Associate
head fi is the biggest hyper bowl ever! Never judge a headphone till you've owned it for a month. If it sounds boring usual its good!! Love the comfort of the hd598 not a bad sound but not for me.

The Vali is a $1000 killer amp...PLEASE

Caporegime
head fi is the biggest hyper bowl ever! Never judge a headphone till you've owned it for a month. If it sounds boring usual its good!! Love the comfort of the hd598 not a bad sound but not for me.

The Vali is a $1000 killer amp...PLEASE

To be fair, it applies to everything audio and in a lot of ways, gear related.

The honeymoon period needs to be over first before someone can look at it even remotely objectively. See if you use it as much as you really intend to when clicking the buy button.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hyper bowl? :p

I still want to try the X2 out but in store somewhere. Hoping Richer Sounds get them in as part of their new headphone demo range.

In fact next week I have a couple of days off so I will go down there AKGs in hand and demo everything interesting they have out of curiosity if anything.

Caporegime
kabeldirekt from the usual place, i actually have a few but I kept them for plugging into aux in the car, etc.

should only cost you a few quid.

I have a large head size 7 1/2 in new era fitted caps, so that is why the headband has been bent slightly to accomodate. other than that it is in brand new condition

Soldato
It's ok I have a fat head. :) just getting used to them i'll have a proper play with them.

Musically I think I'm used to an overall better sound so their isn't a huge mark up in difference from my senns. I'm sure if i was upgrading from a £40 gaming headset it would be a real difference.

In game though first impressions suggest that the audio positioning is fantastic. It's not that I'm hearing more it's just how clean it sounds very easy to tell on csgo where people are.

will get on it tomorrow for a real test.

Associate
put mine up in the mm now because I will be purchasing HE400's soon

Not sure if you've already purchased the 400's but I wouldn't recommend them at all. They are the worst product HiFiMan has made imo. Mids are a bit off, treble is harsh, the only saving grace is the bass which is pretty decent. Comfort is also pretty meh. If you can swing a bit more cash, the HE-500 is a huge improvement, and the new HE-400i is meant to be somewhat similar sounding to the HE-500.

Sorry for getting off topic in this thread.

Soldato
you get these instead of the HD 650's?

I'm torn these were a good price

I know I can sell these for what I paid without much bother. Really wanted to get a pair of phones on my head to sort of start understanding all of this a bit more Instead of taking it all on hear say.

What's really going to happen is I'm going to end up with all 3 pairs that I want we all know this but for now we're going to pretend that I'm doing the sensible thing :)

Associate
It's ok I have a fat head. :) just getting used to them i'll have a proper play with them.

Musically I think I'm used to an overall better sound so their isn't a huge mark up in difference from my senns. I'm sure if i was upgrading from a £40 gaming headset it would be a real difference.

In game though first impressions suggest that the audio positioning is fantastic. It's not that I'm hearing more it's just how clean it sounds very easy to tell on csgo where people are.

will get on it tomorrow for a real test.

That the X1's? I wasn't impressed with them at all, I still rated them pretty high on my guide because they are not bad headphones and technically decent in areas but they just didn't wow me at all.

Look into those 650's or 600's man! The mids are just breath taking and you will forget about the skinny X1's mids ;P

Soldato
That the X1's? I wasn't impressed with them at all, I still rated them pretty high on my guide because they are not bad headphones and technically decent in areas but they just didn't wow me at all.

Look into those 650's or 600's man! The mids are just breath taking and you will forget about the skinny X1's mids ;P
Yea but we are talking about £150 (the average pricing lots of people got them at) vs £250 :D

Back
Top Bottom