Gobsmacked about the Philips Fidelio X1

Soldato
Well it's an O2D it just sounded a bit limp on normal gain. I had read the comments about the resistance in the cable i just didn't expect it to make such a noticeable difference.

So double bonus cable is now clear of the floor when i'm sat at my desk and thus safe from the cat without having loops of it on my desk. And the sound is better :)

Soldato
I prefer x1s to my 598s.

Also those of you still on Spotify premium...try quobuz lossless streaming you hear so much more..

Associate
Hi All,

Would just like to offer my supreme gratitude to those of you recommending the Sennhesier HD600 as a viable replacement for my HD595.

What a difference - Incredible sound.....

Thanks again for all the advice, and bum steers !!!

-Vinny-

Soldato
What a difference sound blaster z does. I was using xonar d2x and the difference between z and d2x is mind blowing.

Not sure if this is because blaster z has 600 amp or its just a better audio processor.

Playing games and the sound much better alien isolation is a massive difference to the audio quality and sound stage.

Anyone else experienced the same coming from xonar?

Soldato
What's it like for music.What headphones?

X1
So far everything sounds better, it's hard to explain. Music I feel I hear the instruments much clear and better separation between them. If that makes sense.

Not used for movies but I have for games played csgo, and alien so far and I it's here were things stud out.
Alien isolation the games audio felt more alive, things sound more clear.

Csgo the big difference here for me was positional audio foot steps and gun fire sounded more accurate to the direction they was coming from.

Soldato
STX is quite a bit better than the SB Z, it has a better DAC and a far more powerful amp and yes, I have both.

For the X1, an amp shouldn't be needed for volume but may help bring out the best in the drivers (hardware not software).

Last edited:
Soldato
amp definitely livens them up especially if you haven't changed the cable

will probably be the z too tho as it has much better features for gaming than the d2x which is more a passive multimedia card

Last edited:

Klo

Klo

Soldato
I currently have HD555's being driven off a regular Creative Xfi Gamer sound card. Is it worth getting the Phillips (or HD600's), or will I need a better sound card/headphone amp?

Associate
Im also a owner of these headphones thanks to ocuks members recommendations!

Were a bargain aswell.

Quite fancy a stand for them any recommendations? Something in black.

Associate
Bargain you say, from where? :D

I picked them up on the rainforest :). We're £123 used but box was brand new and so was the headphones. Also an extra cable I found in box which retails for £15 of the same place. So I'm happy. I got them a week or two ago I think the price has gone up a bit now though.

Back
Top Bottom