God of War

Soldato
This game is incredible.

Story is great, action is great, combat is great, level design is great, secrets to find etc...

Its also surprising really long. I'm around half way and already 25hrs in.

Game has everything. No game is perfect.... but I'd still give this a 10/10.

Its better than I was expecting.

Soldato
I think after play through #1 I'd be done with it. Rare to play any SP game multiple times. Cyberpunk would have been an exception had they stuck to the original advertised inclusions. I see no reason to replay this game though as nothing so far n 10+ hours has stood out as replay value. It's very good but it's not varied enough to warrant a replay for me.

Get to the half way point.

Associate
Finished the main story tonight, pretty incredible ride overall.

My only niggles were the inventory feeling a little bit messy towards the mid/end, it became a bit too bloated and pain to manage, at one point I was upgrading my armour to the max level and in-between upgrades it switched places with another, costing me the materials. The puzzles were ok, pretty basic, it was more the constant opening of chests that I felt slowed things down, I'm not fussed about going for 100% so I didn't feel bad skipping some of them here and there. I only had one bug/issue whereby the prompt to kick down a chain wasn't appearing, a quick load quickly resolved that.

Sound and visuals were excellent, these games always seem to nail the sense of scale and impact. The one take camera throughout was really impressive too, I thought the story was great but the camera work really sold it and kept you involved. As with everything it's not going to be for everyone, for me it was pretty epic and already has me sold for the next game. It looks like it's doing pretty well so hopefully they might speed up the process of getting it over to PC next time.

Soldato
As I have said before this is not my usual type of game that said overall I am enjoying it.
My biggest problem is combat but that is more to do with me being in my late 60's with the accompanying memory issues as I have difficultly remembering which combinations of keys do what but that said some bosses I have fond bloody hard whilst others very easy.
I enjoy hunting for chests etc and then figuring out how to get to them though some have me stumped.

Soldato
Tried giving this a go at lunch and failed a few times. - https://gamerant.com/god-of-war-how-to-get-the-forbidden-grip-of-the-ages-pommel/
Traveller got beaten easily but its the looking that is doing me in!
I couldn't get it either. I've had the first bong but couldn't complete the remaining part of the cycle to get the second bong. This is one of the many parts to the Infinity Gauntlet.

I just got this one. But, at first nothing happened then after watching a couple youtube videos I realized I had not lit up the braziers on each side and after I done that it worked like it should. Not sure if it is to any help for either of you though, especially V F since they did heard the first gong.

V F

V F

Soldato
I'll try it again to see what rolls I'll get on New Game Plus. Somehow I doubt it'll beat my current pommel. I cannot remember what current one I have but it's level 9 with all stats at 22. Strength, Runic, Luck, Vitality and Cooldown I think is on it.

Soldato
I'll try it again to see what rolls I'll get on New Game Plus. Somehow I doubt it'll beat my current pommel. I cannot remember what current one I have but it's level 9 with all stats at 22. Strength, Runic, Luck, Vitality and Cooldown I think is on it.
That one sounds good ! Would you mind checking the name on the pommel (or maybe even a screeny) next time you in game please ? Just curious which one it is. :D

Here is the Forbidden Grip of the Ages, maxed out. As you can see, yours much better but this one isn't to bad at my level. Got is just before going to get that Chisel part.

Although I seen screenis of it online where the stats are all 20 so guessing it's New Game Plus for those ?

6suGLLB.png

V F

V F

Soldato
That one sounds good ! Would you mind checking the name on the pommel (or maybe even a screeny) next time you in game please ? Just curious which one it is. :D

Here is the Forbidden Grip of the Ages, maxed out. As you can see, yours much better but this one isn't to bad at my level. Got is just before going to get that Chisel part.

Although I seen screenis of it online where the stats are all 20 so guessing it's New Game Plus for those ?

6suGLLB.png

Yes, this is New Game Plus.

Soldato
Not many games have such quality backed in to them.

Its all fine and dandy saying people they are not feeling it (which they are perfectly entitled too) but how many games have such quality running through them?

story is good
combat is good
level design is good
its constantly changing so it doesn't get boring
verticality and climbing is good
its emotional

It just oozes quality and when you think about the crap games that have been coming out of late over the last few years we should appreciate it when one does turn up and delivers on all aspects.

Caporegime
Not many games have such quality backed in to them.

Its all fine and dandy saying people they are not feeling it (which they are perfectly entitled too) but how many games have such quality running through them?

Horizon Zero Dawn

I was hooked on to the Witcher 3 some time back and didn't think it could come close to the grand scale in terms of "scenery" but climbing those snow peaked mountains in Horizon was just a sight to behold. Another great location and character was inside the big water dam. In Gods of War however I find the puzzles to be tedious, shooting runes to open up chests to be a chore, the child in the game needs to shut the hell up, it's incredibly linear forcing you only to climb one way up or down etc. Graphics are really beautiful but meh

For me..

The Witcher 3
Horizon Zero Dawn
Gods of War

Soldato
Horizon Zero Dawn

I was hooked on to the Witcher 3 some time back and didn't think it could come close to the grand scale in terms of "scenery" but climbing those snow peaked mountains in Horizon was just a sight to behold. Another great location and character was inside the big water dam. In Gods of War however I find the puzzles to be tedious, shooting runes to open up chests to be a chore, the child in the game needs to shut the hell up, it's incredibly linear forcing you only to climb one way up or down etc. Graphics are really beautiful but meh

For me..

The Witcher 3
Horizon Zero Dawn
Gods of War

Not played Horizon Zero Dawn yet.

I mean I went by reviews and they where not exactly stellar. 84 Metacritic and 6.6 user score.

Whilst God of War is 93 Metacritic score and 8.9 user score with a must play badge.

Man of Honour
Horizon Zero Dawn

For me..

The Witcher 3
Horizon Zero Dawn
Gods of War

My list of those 3 goes like this..

God of War - binge played through to completion, loved it.

Witcher 3 - played to completion when it first came out, played it again last year and found it to be far from how good I remembered it, felt dated and basic - game mechanics wise, but at least I completed it originally and liked it when it first came out

Horizon Zero Dawn - tried 4 times now to play from the start since I first bought it, each time I get bored after around 6 hours of play. Where as I completed GoW and Witcher 3, I've never made it even halfway through HZD before becoming bored.

V F

V F

Soldato
Gotcha and I do have that pommel too, thanks for posting a screenie ! You do have a lot of XP there though ! Guessing you have everything maxed out too ?

Edit: BTW .. Which light and heavy "attachment" for the axe are your favorites ?

Not quite maxed out yet but it is getting close.

I use Hel's Touch which is great for stunning and especially great on the Valkyries. Plus it has a 19 second cooldown. In between the parry cooldowns. I usually switch to Wrath of the Frost Ancient to one shot the Ancients.

Glaive Storm is my go to for mostly one shot mass groups. If a slither is left. It's also great damage to the Valkyries. It usually eats through one and a half bars. Also using Talisman of the Unbound Potential + for Runic damage.

"Refresh all Runic Attack cooldowns. Also has a PASSIVE EFFECT that increases RUNIC when Runic Attack is on cooldown."

Soldato
Not quite maxed out yet but it is getting close.

I use Hel's Touch which is great for stunning and especially great on the Valkyries. Plus it has a 19 second cooldown. In between the parry cooldowns. I usually switch to Wrath of the Frost Ancient to one shot the Ancients.

Glaive Storm is my go to for mostly one shot mass groups. If a slither is left. It's also great damage to the Valkyries. It usually eats through one and a half bars. Also using Talisman of the Unbound Potential + for Runic damage.

"Refresh all Runic Attack cooldowns. Also has a PASSIVE EFFECT that increases RUNIC when Runic Attack is on cooldown."

Thanks, much appreciated ! Have to see if I have all those, I do have the Wrath of the Ancient and using it, although my cooldown needs improvement but it is a work in progress ! That talisman sounds great, had to search for it and seems o be Game Plus only ?

Associate
i really don't know how anyone can be bored with HZD as it is non stop action and story - whereas GOW has barely any story or characters at all.

Back
Top Bottom