Going out 'clubbing' with your partner...

Associate
Got a debate going on here at the moment regarding couples going out just on their own to a club, without any friends etc.

Some have come back saying they love going out with either their male/female friends only to clubs, but cannot go out to a club or where ever with their partner to have some drinks/dance because it feels either awkward or just isn't as enjoyable and they end the night early.

What are your thoughts on this, if any? Personally, I am in a new relationship and this is the first time I've felt like we can go out without friends to a club and have a dance, as well as going out separately with friends only.

Associate
I'd rather get poked in the eye with a pointy stick than go clubbing with anyone. OH is the same so no probs here :D

If you are both comfortable going clubbing then it shouldn't be a problem.

Soldato
It's different for each couple mate. If you both feel you can go out clubbing with each other and enjoy it then go for it. For me personally if there was a venue that had decent music we both liked then I would probably go for it.

Soldato
My and my partner go clubbing just the two of us now and again, out grown clubbing now, but she still likes it so it dont kill me to take her now and again. If she goes out with mates it gives me time for a decent sleep (because i make her get a baby sitter :p )

Caporegime
By myself with mates, by herself with mates, both together, all perfectly fine.

Last 3 long term gfs were al clubbers, so it was fine, and my new one loves dance music and wants me to take her to some London clubs :D

Associate
I only ever go clubbing to see my mates. Not really to keen on going with the girlfriend as she will want to dance to every song. funk that

Associate
I met my lady at a pub through friends. We all ended up at the local club and had a really good time. We used to go out together (just us) all the time... just not as much these days for a number of reasons….

When we both have free time, it usually coincides with our friends’ free time too. So we almost always end up going out with our friends too! Which is fine and all as we usually manage to have a dance together and chat one-to-one at various times throughout the night.

We tend to go out for dinner, go to pubs and do other things other than clubbing these days. This does make the times we do go out to a club all the more enjoyable though, as there isn’t much choice over here and going to the same place again and again can get boring.

We love spending time together and trust each other implicitly. Now that we are older and wiser, we have accepted the fact that we both get attention from other people now and then, in clubs and pubs, so we don’t fall out and argue over that kind of stuff. I know some couples avoid putting themselves in situations where this may be an issue, so they avoid clubbing together.

You raise an interesting point sir, as I know several couples who prefer to go clubbing with friends and not each other. As for the exact reasons, well… only they really know I guess. But in my opinion, based on knowing them for many years, they are both outrageous flirts sometimes and both know they couldn’t do that if they were in the same club together!

Yeah but your a girl. He would be thinking "I really dont wanna dance with you, i wanna dance with that bird owa there!"

Sorry but thats how us gents work!

Not all of us ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
I've never been one for much dancing, unless the 'mood' takes me that is, and my days of recreational drug use are far behind me. Mrs Nelson on the other hand loves to dance. I'm quite happy to go off to a club at the end of a night out with friends and just sit at the bar and people watch while everyone else struts their stuff. However, if it were just me & Mrs N I coudn't see it being much fun.

Back
Top Bottom