1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to my girlfriends 6th year prom.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Big Spender, 1 May 2006.

1. Big Spender

Wise Guy

she goes to deans. and the proms being held at the cairn hotel in edinburgh i think. you from around livi i take it?

2. Blackstar

Mobster

Yaarrr (no idea why im making pirate noises but i am) my prom is at the Balmorral at the east end i saw the shoes i want today :) it made me happy.

3. Big Spender

Wise Guy

YAAAAARRRR rite back at ye!

im looking forward to it, but for all those out there that know about these things, my girlfriends going to the prom wearing a light gold coloured dress, so what tartan would be best to compliment it?

4. Stringy

Mobster

Surely ye be having ye clan tartan laddy!

5. Big Spender

Wise Guy

my family doesnt have there own tartan. i was thinkin of using my dads old regimental tartan of the argyll's and sutherland highlanders. its very important to my family as my dad, his 2 brothers and my grandad and were all in the same regiment.

6. Blackstar

Mobster

No idea my dress is red :)
    I'd guess green would go quite nicely, as long as it was a dark green. You could ask your girlfriend to go with you to help you pick she knows best.

7. Stringy

Mobster

If it would make your family proud then wear that. I can't see it mattering if you tartan matches the dress to be honest, it's not an episode of 'What not to wear' :)

8. Big Spender

Wise Guy

hmm another thing, bow tie, or that funny lookin silk tie thing? i think the other kind of tie, dont know what the name is obviously, looks alot better. but i dont know. opinions?

9. Stringy

Mobster

Go for the dickie bow.

10. Big Spender

Wise Guy

oh well, looks like ill be takin a trip to my local kilt makers wit the gf at the weekend then lol. see what she likes.

11. blueCAT

Gangster

Good choice - a fine establishment. Far superior to that other place, huh Blackstar? :)

12. Tru

Mobster

Go for a Blackwatch tartan, it's easily available and looks the business.

[​IMG]

I've no idea if that will compliment your missus' dress, she can easily wear a different one if not. ;)

13. Blackstar

Mobster

Lies Edinburgh Uni is much better mr ;)

14. Sem

Mobster

do women up in Scotland actually find kilts sexy/attractive :confused:

had a couple of Scots down in a London club full kilts and all :D

15. richyfingers

Wise Guy

Not just women in Scotland, girls from all over love them, wore one to a wedding in Italy and I was beating them off! American girls love them too.

If it’s a hire kilt I would wear a pair of boxers, you never know who was wearing it before you. If its your own then true Scotsman all the way!

16. VeNT

Capodecina

go naked but get body painted so she thinks its art

17. Sem

Mobster

guess they can have their advantages without boxers

especially if you where beating them off ;)

18. richyfingers

Wise Guy

My favourite tartan has to be Earl of St. Andrews, this pic doesn’t really do it justice but it looks the business.

[​IMG]

19. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

I have a kilt, and any time I've worn it, it's got a lot of attention. Wore it to my cousin's wedding and almost upstaged the groom, as everyone was well into it. Some Dutch couple kept taking pics of me, it was crazy. At my end of uni ball, there were quite a lot of people wearing kilts, but people still took notice. Bit weird having a South African lad grab my arse to see if I was going traditional, but there you go!

My wife loves men in kilts, so was well made up that I got married in one. More recently, my brother has started going out with a girl who also loves kilts, so she wants him to borrow mine one time. Might let him, so long as he takes care of it and doesn't get goodness knows what on it :eek:

20. Big Spender

Wise Guy

well, not long to go to the prom now, got a few things sorted, ive got the limo booked. and got my kilt, going in flower of scotland tartan with blue bonny prince charlie jacket and waistecoat

[​IMG]

still to get her corsage (sp?)

gonna take her out for a nice meal this friday coming then going out for a meal with her mum and dad the wednesday after next *scared* then got the prom on the thursday then big party at her house on the saturday. should be a good next couple of weeks. will post pics from the prom when i get them :)