Good Cheap Server - HP Proliant Microserver 4 BAY - OWNERS THREAD

Associate
Can anyone recommend a way of backup with WS2012? I have 2x 4TB which I want one as a backup (its full pretty much now) and I have setup a scheduled in WS but it has let me down, not following scheduled and wont do a one off, comes up with an error.

Don't like sitting on all this data with no back up with a other empty 4tb!

Last edited:
Associate
With the E3-1230 in the Gen8 and transcoding in plex, what temps does it hit? Reading online and that CPU is 69W, quite a jump from the originals. Anyone done with with 4 x WD Red drives in too? It not close to the PSU limit?

Tempted to upgrade to a Gen8 with one of these from my Gen7.

GDL

GDL

Associate
With the E3-1230 in the Gen8 and transcoding in plex, what temps does it hit? Reading online and that CPU is 69W, quite a jump from the originals. Anyone done with with 4 x WD Red drives in too? It not close to the PSU limit?

Tempted to upgrade to a Gen8 with one of these from my Gen7.

Mine got warm but nothing that hit alert threshold in the Ilo.

The only way it came close was working the CPU @ 100% with HT enabled for about an hour.

I had 4x3TB reds in as well as a HP P212 with 2xSSD's in the top.

Normal usage will be fine.

Soldato
It'll do one, depending on what quality you have Plex setup on at the other end might do 2, I've got 2 friends that I setup base Gen8's for both running 6Gb RAM on the G1610T running Plex out to different devices and streaming to internet devices on one of them...

Soldato
When I ran Plex on the N40L I encoded all my films as 'high' then recoded these as a low/mid. Plex automatically selected the one to stream based on the device. Avoided transcoding on the fly for a little extra data. Storage is cheap.

Caporegime
Anyone know what type of RAM the N36L needs? I've tried 2x1gb Kingston parity/registered memory but it won't boot. The memory that it came with is just ECC, is that different to parity?

Back
Top Bottom