Good eats in New York

Soldato
Definitely make a visit to the Magnolia bakery in Grand central station, their cake is so good. Breads Bakery is well worth a visit as well, get the chocolate babka if you go :) Pig beach is a must IMO, if you liked fried chicken Blue Ribbon is pretty good and I never went but union square cafe is meant to be really good too.

Caporegime
Definitely make a visit to the Magnolia bakery in Grand central station, their cake is so good. Breads Bakery is well worth a visit as well, get the chocolate babka if you go :) Pig beach is a must IMO, if you liked fried chicken Blue Ribbon is pretty good and I never went but union square cafe is meant to be really good too.

Might as well go to the original one in Bleecker Street, as seen in Sex & the City.

dHgU5dT.jpg

Dlc89M2.jpg

There is another at Rockefeller Centre too.

Caporegime
not convinced on visiting a franchise for cake, rather I thought the Paul Hollywood City Bakes recommendation in Brooklyn
Janti Adinda junior's cheesecake Brooklyn flatbush av looked good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAoza7mlZgA

(.. your photos now have watermarks - does OC have to pay you to display?)

My photos always (or sometimes) have watermarks, I decides when I feel like it, bite me :p or cake.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/what-to-do-in-japan-for-2-weeks.18784382/page-5

Look, watermark!

FTM

FTM

Soldato
off to reykjavik and then new york in 3 weeks

as new york has good food from around the globe I am hoping for some tips on Tacos, BBQ and shawarma!! preferably all in manhatten

oh and Gyros!

Last edited:
Soldato
We've gone to NYC every year at easter for the last 3-4 years. I love the place. This last time we had 2 days in washington too.. That was a really nice change of pace. Stayed next door but one to the white house too.

We like Naples45 for Pizza. Its at the bottom of the MetLife buidling and 5 mins away from our normal hotel. They do a half meter Pizza. Very resonably priced too. But its NYC there are 1000's of places. Some silly prices too but then there is always street food. Chilli dogs and pretzels

Next time we go we may stay in Brooklyn. We've stayed in the same hotel a few too many times now.. Intercontinental Barclay. Oh and a trip to Coney is a must only 30 mins or so on the train from GCT

Soldato
We've gone to NYC every year at easter for the last 3-4 years. I love the place. This last time we had 2 days in washington too.. That was a really nice change of pace. Stayed next door but one to the white house too.

Any recommendations for food in Washington? I'm heading there for 2-3 nights in between a NYC visit in early September - similar to what you did by the sounds of it.

Soldato
Old ebbitt grill was nice.

What I would recommend the most though is the tours.. I know they get stick everywhere. But these were fantastic. Open sided tours hop on hop off. And the evening monument tours. I'll dig out the link

https://www.trolleytours.com/washington-dc

Amongst other places, We went to Arlington cemetery, Wow thats a sombre sight. And well worth a visit. We caught the last bus back and the tour guide dropped us off at our hotels instead of heading back to base with us all. They went over and above on several occasions.

Taxis' are really cheap too...compared to NYC

Soldato
off to reykjavik and then new york in 3 weeks

as new york has good food from around the globe I am hoping for some tips on Tacos, BBQ and shawarma!! preferably all in manhatten

oh and Gyros!

Went to a Mexican restaurant last year called Temerario West 20th between 8th and 7th Ave, only a small place, but was nice sitting outside at night, don't eat much Mexican food so can't say if its one of the best, but went there with family from the local area, who like it.

Back
Top Bottom