Good MB & RAM for 7800X3D?

Last check before installing the thermalright frost commander 140:

BTW, which thermal paste would you suggest? The cooler got a big syringe of its own but I also bought 2g of Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme

Do you mean the psu switch? I turned it on of course. I suspect I'm not connecting properly the chassis panel to the motherboard but I don't know what I'm doing wrong

Make sure you have the orientation of the front panel in the motherboard correct (super easy to get it upside down or whatever). You could try the reset switch too, for if you got them the wrong way around.

It might just be the camera angle but the first four pins on the ATX 24 pin look like there's a small gap between them and the motherboard.
Thank you, I will check next weekend.
I'm also not sure if power and reset should be on top of each other or next to each other, not 100% clear on MB.

Also, does MB need BOTH 24pin ATX and 2x16pin ones?

frm diagram it's only the left 4 pins you need. just looking at some old photo's but my 5000x case, using a b550e-e board and my b650e-e board is using lian li case where are the plugs are integrated into 1 plug..but from look same layout of actual set is the same, but on b650e-e they all start on left

so from my photo top row from left is power led+, power led- then the next 2 is the power SW which is a dual plug...directly below the power sw is the reset SW...so bottom row number 3 and 4 going from the left which is a dual plug also...I put that in before the power sw, as found it too hard the see the reset pins after plugging in top row..the bottom left 2 pins were for hdd led, and i didn't have any as using nvme, so that's all i plugged in

ipHswehl.jpg

so bottom after they're plugged in, but above is showing the reset sw, which sits directly below the power sw plug

pNFXR2ql.jpg
Thank you very much!

Ok, some progress but still not enough.
With some pushing of the cables and using a similar setup the motherboard now lights up when cabled but still just a small click on pushing the power button.
Is there anything I should pay attention to?

A click could mean a short

What you should do is take the motherboard out of the case put it on the motherboard box and connect the CPU and maybe cooler, PSU and one stick of memory to test .

Then power on by touching the power on jumper on the motherboard as this will eliminate most other problems. Remember you will be using the onboard graphics to display to your monitor.
I might try on the weekend, I'm pretty close to just go and take it to a computer shop...

Can you confirm what PSU you are using?

You mention a Be Quiet PSU but the cables do not look like what i have seen on reviews.

Also looking back on your photos, it looks like you are using GPU cables for the 12v CPU (6+2 not 8 pin/4+4)
No, it's a GIGABYTE UD1000GM PG5 3.0 80 PLUS GOLD.

I used the bundled PSU cables that fit, could that be an issue?
I will take more pics but I don't ve more cables in that format.

By "bundled PSU cables", you mean the ones that come with the same PSU, right?

You'll need at least one of the 8 pin 12v connectors or the PC won't post.
What I plugged from the PSU is the big cable (24pin?):

If i plug just this one I get the 00 error

Then I have 2 8pin ones:

If I plug either one or two I get no and occasionally a small click sounds.

Back
Top Bottom