Good quality beers

Soldato
hoegaarden is nice just don't consume more than about 2 large bottles in one day because no matter what you'll go off it when it reaches your lower digestive system. Advice from experience I'm afraid. I'm pretty interested in trying some of that Stone IPA, will pop to Tesco superstore after work tonight to see if I can find it.

Caporegime
Have to say, recently I've been very impressed with this one from M&S (yes you read that correctly)

20120708185252239.jpg

Caporegime
Look on the back and tell us who it's brewed by :)

Not a problem mate, I posted about it this week in the 'now drinking thread'

ABOUT THIS BEER:
Elgoods Brewery, in the heart of the Cambridgeshire Fens, has been in the Elgood family since 1878. To make this special celebration ale, we've used fittingly special ingredients: pale ale malt from barley grown on the Sandringham Estate, together with an English hop variety called Sovereign that was bred a decade ago to mark the Queen's golden jubilee. :)

Soldato
hoegaarden is nice just don't consume more than about 2 large bottles in one day because no matter what you'll go off it when it reaches your lower digestive system. Advice from experience I'm afraid. I'm pretty interested in trying some of that Stone IPA, will pop to Tesco superstore after work tonight to see if I can find it.

You won't, they don't sell it at Tesco. You need to find a speciality shop. However, you will find Sierra Nevada Torpedo & Pale Ale so get a few of them.

Anyone in Scotland area fancy a roadtrip to Belgium to stock up on fine Belgian beer? :D

Soldato
Anyone have a recommendation of something that is available at Tesco as my local one is huge and seems to have the entire world beers range. Old Tom ale is amazing, it's really strong but you totally wouldn't know from the lovely taste.

Soldato
Anyone have a recommendation of something that is available at Tesco as my local one is huge and seems to have the entire world beers range. Old Tom ale is amazing, it's really strong but you totally wouldn't know from the lovely taste.

What flavours do you like?

It doesn't really matter, as I'll just recommend Sierra Nevada Torpedo & Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. ;)

They are quite in your face in flavour (hops), but truly delicious. Remember to pour them though. Few bottles of 5am Saint & Trashy Blonde would be a good idea. And then buy whatever Leffe, Duvel and Chimay they have.

In other news, I wish I could get Leffe 9 here. :(

Caporegime
What flavours do you like?

It doesn't really matter, as I'll just recommend Sierra Nevada Torpedo & Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. ;)

They are quite in your face in flavour (hops), but truly delicious. Remember to pour them though. Few bottles of 5am Saint & Trashy Blonde would be a good idea. And then buy whatever Leffe, Duvel and Chimay they have.

In other news, I wish I could get Leffe 9 here. :(

Dry those eyes ..... /hairdryer

Don't forget Innis & Gunn (the boohoo above loves them too) .... try the Blonde or Original first though :)

Soldato
My list of tesco must trys from my recent trips there.

sierra nevada pale ale/torpedo <---- thank you ahleckz
Any innus and gunn (im very fond of the rum cask indeed)
goose island ipa
boston lager
brew dog punk ipa
st peters ruby ale
tesco's finest american double ipa
pure ubu
morland old golden hen

Soldato
Tesco's Finest American Double IPA is just Brewdog's Hardcore (unless you get the batch that isn't... ;)), so if they are both there - get the cheapest.

Back
Top Bottom