Good single player shooter since Crysis ?

Soldato
Titanfall 2 campaign is great fun. I'd also suggest it.

But as you're wanting jungle, what about the new Ghost Recon: Breakpoint? It's not got the best reviews but it will improve over time.

Associate
Sniper Elite 3/4 (3 just got enhanced visuals) and the new Sniper one is out soon.

Seriously you need Just Cause in your life. Start with Just Cause 2 (ok visuals not great but its a bag of carnage of fun) and then go Just Cause 3. Get the unlimited length & strength grapple hook mods to speed up moving around (eg 2km journeys via the hook!). One of my best games ever. Forget Just Cause 4 its a big steaming pile of dog pump they ruined the series.

I agree completely with him saying Just Cause the graphics looks naff, seriously one of the ugliest series of games I have ever seen, it is purely horrible and unplayable in that state for me.

Associate
So you only play a game on how it looks ?? How sad. :p You are missing out.

No mate not at all, however I won't play a game that looks and plays as bad as any of those Just Cause games that called themselves AAA titles, they where a complete joke imo. I play loads of games that have bad grahics, massive old-school PNC fan (Have every single PNC on Steam) so graphics are not what puts me off solely certainly not. But Just Cause especially 2/3 and 4 where just horrendous, couldn't wait to uninstall them all. Tbh I have over 2000 games on Steam, 650 on Viveport, hundreds on Origin and currently 60 on Epic Games and I have never complained about graphics before, only with that series. (Apart from Alien Col Marines ofcourse, f me that was awful). Even Skyrim looks like it had been rushed out, but the gameplay was ok fine.

Associate
Not a first person shooter, but I'm going to recommend Monster Hunter World. Scenery and gameplay are excellant, tracking monsters down through different landscapes and then finding there individual weaknesses and picking the right armour is a lot of fun.

Soldato
That looks fantastic! ARMA meets BF2 is basically how it is described in the video. Is it really a 2015 release?

It’s exactly that and yes, I played it for (literally) hundreds of hours in 2016.

Not played it for some time so im sure some if the bugs are ironed out now too.

Just like BF2 but if you really dont work as a squad, you get no-where.

I played in a clan, if thats still what they are called on specific servers where mic’s were mandatory.
A lot of the players were ex-forces so sometimes had no idea what was going on or what was being asked of me. Everyone was nice though aslong as you communicated - enemy positions etc.

Might fire it up today to see what servers are still around. I’m sure there is a Squad thread on here with people i played on servers with...

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/official-squad-thread.18629711/page-213

Associate
Played a single player sniper game around 10-15 years ago that was perfect. Sneaking up on different bases alone through countryside. Taking out the enemy one by one without alerting the others. The graphics were ok for the time but gameplay perfect. No idea what that was called.

Sounds like a few games I have played. Delta Force series or Project I.G.I. series.

Soldato
It’s exactly that and yes, I played it for (literally) hundreds of hours in 2016.

Not played it for some time so im sure some if the bugs are ironed out now too.

Just like BF2 but if you really dont work as a squad, you get no-where.

I played in a clan, if thats still what they are called on specific servers where mic’s were mandatory.
A lot of the players were ex-forces so sometimes had no idea what was going on or what was being asked of me. Everyone was nice though aslong as you communicated - enemy positions etc.

Might fire it up today to see what servers are still around. I’m sure there is a Squad thread on here with people i played on servers with...

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/official-squad-thread.18629711/page-213
Really wish I had known about this before but literally never heard of or seen it until yesterday! From that thread looks as though it is still quite active.

Soldato
Love single player shooters with amazing scenery yet struggling to find something new. Not at all interested in co-op games, trading, hand to hand combat/swords and tried the sniper series.

Any idea's guys n gals ?

although the division 2 is really good, Assasins Creed: Odyssey has taught me what a work of gaming art looks like. I know it’s hand to hand and it the first game of its type that i have played where i sat back and repeatedly said ‘wow’.

Back
Top Bottom