Good singleplayer games

Permabanned
Gets asked about 1x per month, think I posted d a few games in those threads.

Titanfall 2 for now.

If you want some older hidden gems I will add them.

Associate
OP
Lots of good recommendations in here already. I'll add a few that I've not seen mentioned

• Dragon Age (first is the best, but they're all good imo)
  • Elder scrolls/Fallout
  • Factorio
  • Satisfactory
  • Stardew Valley
  • Borderlands (all of them, though less so the presequel)
Never played borderlands but i thought it was a co op game? Does playing with others make it a better experience if its both sp and coop

Associate
Yes ive heard great things about the mass effect series. Apart from the newest one which apparently isnt that great.
I missed this, I'll quote what I wrote in the ME thread,

£4.19 on cdkeys for the standard edition on origin.

I bought it the other week because all the MEL stuff has made me fancy more ME and have been playing it knowing nothing other than "it's crap". It's alright, I've been doing lots of the side quests on so the game kinda feels like it's just got a lot of busy work, driving all over the map to do quests, then fast travelling as soon as they're unlocked. Main story seems ok so far, I don't know how far through it I am though.
Main issues with it are
  • Saves break. Seems like it's an issue with the Nomad (the car) and saving where it can or does bork the save. Some people have said it does load after like 5 minutes, I've not tested. Made worse by lack of quick save. Edit: Can be solved by exiting the Nomad and saving AFIAIK
  • You can't save on the main quests at all. So if you die (which I have been) you have to do a fair chunk of it again. I've fought my way through what I'd consider a large sized base, got inside to the commander/mini boss/elite and died, had to do it all again
  • Emptiness and large size of maps. I get you're on a planet, with stuff dotted about, but I don't fancy driving loads for ages getting across the map
  • Squad mates are dumb, they seem to stand around in the open to get shot and then go down. When they do shoot they seem to struggle to kill/hit anything. Enemy AI however will very quickly drop my shields if I'm exposed, not just increased damage, they seem to hit a lot more. Seem to make better use of cover too.
I can't really rememeber me1->3 too much in terms of gameplay, so maybe i'm being overly critical of MEA, but it's felt more of a drag to play than the others. Not tried the multiplayer on it, I've just been sending my 'teams' to do the missions that you can do in multiplayer. Is it worth the ~£4 i payed for it? Yea so far, though I'll wait to the end to make a proper decision. Would I pay £8 for it? No probably not, at least based on what I've played so far.

Never played borderlands but i thought it was a co op game? Does playing with others make it a better experience if its both sp and coop
The bottom 4 all have co-op, I've played all 4 SP and coop and had fun on each. Co-op can add or detract from the experience. I loved BL2 for example, and played it solo pretty quickly as I was emjoying it.
Edit: I'd generally say all games are better with friends if the option is there

Soldato
And I’m doing just that

1 & 2 are incredible games
They are. Infinite is special game too. Whilst it may lack something compared to the first 2 in terms of gameplay, it more than makes up for it with the incredibly clever story. The DLCs for it that tie the whole story arc back to the first Bioshock too is just genius! I'm still waiting for a game to even come close to that level of story writing...

Associate
OP
I missed this, I'll quote what I wrote in the ME thread,

The bottom 4 all have co-op, I've played all 4 SP and coop and had fun on each. Co-op can add or detract from the experience. I loved BL2 for example, and played it solo pretty quickly as I was emjoying it.
Edit: I'd generally say all games are better with friends if the option is there
Thanks for that. I might try it in the future after 1-3. If its going for cheap as well then thats even better.

Back
Top Bottom