1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good software for signing documents online

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dirtychinchilla, May 23, 2020.

1. dirtychinchilla

Sgarrista

I'm trying to scope out an online service for signing documents and I'm assuming someone here will just be able to tell me that a service is great. I'm getting bass lessons at the moment trading computer skills for the lessons, and the chap has asked me for help setting up a signing service for his pupils to have conditions for missing lessons etc. He's American, hence the need to be so litigious.

Has anyone got any suggestions on online signing services that fulfil three criteria:
    1. Unlimited signers
    2. No sign-up required for signers
    3. Ideally cheap. A lot of the services require you to upgrade to something double the price to achieve number 1.
    Thanks in advance :)

dirtychinchilla

2. Dave M

Soldato

Adobe e-sign seems good value.

I've only received docs for signing but remember using the Adobe one recently. Others I've used are docusign and echosign. None of them required registration.

3. rG-tom

Sgarrista

I work in law, and docusign is absolutely the industry standard. No idea on pricing though!

4. Bear

Capodecina

I sign all my contracts through docusign

5. Sudden

Mobster

We use docusign at work for our contracts. No idea about pricing though.

6. Bonjour

Sgarrista

All our online contracts come through on Docusign. It appears to be the industry standard.

7. Guest2

Capodecina

I drew my signature and a tick box in MS paint and copied it onto a PDF to sign my Mortgate docs :D

8. moon man

Mobster

Ha yes, I managed to do signiture within pdf to do my holiday form blanks that we email to the office, think I just used edit and drew with mouse, but turned out great and they accept no probs

9. ShivP

Soldato

We use Adobe e-sign. It's good value for small businesses

10. Narj

Capodecina

My firm uses Docusign too (finance sector)

11. Haggisman

Capodecina

We use Signable at work (integrated with our software), they were very competitive on price, really good API integration and really easy to use both as a signer and sender.

We also looked at esign and docusign, but Signable came out on top (added bonus, they are a UK company, based in Bristol)

No affiliation, but very happy to recommend them based on our experiences (they're also an absolute pleasure to deal with on the phone & Live chat).

The 3 above all have trial periods (and i'm sure most others do too), so best just to sign up to a couple and see which one works best

12. Redrum

Hitman

I would also recommend signable. It works brilliantly and it's very cheap. You can just do PAYG at £1 per contract.

13. memyselfandi

Sgarrista

When I changed companies last year everything was done through Docusign

14. LeeUK

Soldato

This is what I did with my work's furlough agreement. It came by PDF and they said they wanted it signed and posted back but then said they would accept it by email due to social distancing and people not going out. I didn't know if that meant a simple yes reply to the email or not so I got creative with photo shopping a signature. :D

15. Guest2

Capodecina

On my mortgage stuff (I've just checked) I even did a tick in MSpaint and a circle. The circle is possible the worse circle ever

There you go, anyone looking for a nice un-even circle to paste over questions

[​IMG]

16. moon man

Mobster

ok just checking how i did my signature as i said i did it within pdf ,i didnt

what i did was open the pdf document with Microsoft edge (this happened by default
    )went to add notes at top and BOOM nice freehand signature

17. Nitefly

Man of Honour

Highly unlikely that anyone is going to be prone to being stung by this, because your professional advisors should be all over it (I would hope) but FYI registrable documents being submitted to HM Land Registry (other than permitted mortgage deeds) still require wet ink execution.

18. Russinating

Capodecina

Doesn't help you much but I made my own for my own business for release forms. It's pretty simple to do a signable input box with jQuery (literally copy and paste some code) and email the details and signature via php. Super easy when out and about, some can visit the page from their phone and sign with their touchscreen.

Won't link to it here as we'll obviously get inundated with **** drawings...

19. dirtychinchilla

Sgarrista

Thanks everyone, and sorry I didn't reply sooner. If I could make a website to do it I would, but I can't so there you go!

I think he's going to go the super basic route that some of you are suggesting and if not, Docusign.

Cheers!

20. Haggisman

Capodecina

Doing this depends on how secure/verifiable you want/need it to be. The proper ones audit the document and stamp it with a digital fingerprint so you can verify it hasn't been tampered with.

Good luck proving in court that a random word document with a picture of someone's signature on it was actually signed by them :p

Obviously no solution is going to be foolproof, but a PDF with an intact digital signature showing the date/time/IP address of the signature, along with a security token that only they (or someone who hacked their email) would have access to, is going to have a lot more weight!