Good things come in 3s

Soldato
OP
So a bit of catchup to do, no time to type it all!

Basically my gym closed the area I use with the nice platforms and racks so I had to abandon it until the reopens :/
I moved to a weightlifting gym which has some PL stuff...since then training has crashed and burned!

I hit the tiny spotter arms on my first working set: https://www.instagram.com/p/BFZNoenlkUm/?taken-by=reiyushin
The crash hurt a little on the day but since then I've had huge amount of trouble getting my glutes to fire properly and in turn it's causing me a lot of troubles with the squats and some bother on my deadlifts as well.

To try cure this I've been HAMMERING it with different movements and activation drills and it is working....slightly.
I'm no longer in pain which is great but I'm having a hard time putting in the volume I need.

Anyways I'm just over 3 weeks out so I've been planning out my openers and attampts etc it's looking like:

• Squat: 270/285/300 - I was supremely confident I'd hammer the 300 before this happened...now we'll just see on the day....so I might revise this.
  • Bench: 160/170/175 - revised this down from 180 3rd attempt which was just a dream XD Hit a reasonable 165 recently and would like to have doubled it if I had spotters.
  • Deadlift: 300/320/3XX - These really depend on how the squats go....I've not missed a 300 this training cycle and I've doubled it a few times so it should be fine for an opener :)

The dream of an 800 total is probably just a dream now....but I'm still going to go give it my best :)

Soldato
OP
Been hammering the rehab as much as I can stomach....making some progress but it's slow going....but progress is progress.

This week is my overreach week where the volume doubles.... :D D:

Got 40 reps at 250kg squats this evening...should be fun...

Man of Honour
Been hammering the rehab as much as I can stomach....making some progress but it's slow going....but progress is progress.

This week is my overreach week where the volume doubles.... :D D:

Got 40 reps at 250kg squats this evening...should be fun...

And you say your glutes are impeding you? Awesome. :cool:

Soldato
OP
Well turns out I can't read or math... :D

Anyways yea the glute is still bugging me. on singles a little and on reps A LOT!
The solution is simple; lots of sets :D

Hit 20 total reps of 250kg then a double of 260, 270 a single of 280.

25 reps all above 88% of my 1rm :D today I am fried!

The 280 wasn't that clean but I was really please to pull it out considering what had preceded it :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGXeuqslkVZ/?taken-by=reiyushin

Soldato
OP
Oh hello neglected log :D

I've been logging my training on paper and putting videos on IG. Not had a huge amount of time for the forums as of late!

Right now I'm 2 weeks out from the final meet of the year, hoping I can pull off a squat PB and possibly a bench PB... we shall see!

Every since May I've had this nagging glute issue which hurts my squats a bit but ruins my deadlift. I should have got it sorted at the time but I was unwilling to drop out of the Irish team and lose my place in Texas.

Next year (or at least the first half of it, I will have to compete at nationals in July to keep my space) I'll be doing no competitions and I'll just be focusing on getting my body back to 100% so I can take another run at international competition in 2018.

Back
Top Bottom