GOOD VR games?

Associate
So i've had my vive for a week now.

I've played games such as the lab, the rec room and onward.

Im deeply let down by the lack of games available. i know serious sam has come out but its just another wave shooter.

im starting to regret spending £770 to be frank.

What games do you recommend?

Soldato
Solus project, bought it on a whim expecting to refund it after an hour cos I dont like open world games and here Iam 25hrs in loving it. Because of the scale of vr going from cramped caves to standing on the top of a massive tower looking at the hugh island is aw inspiring, it really feels like your exploring an alien world and uncovering its secrets. The controls are a bit odd at first but stick with it.

Other games i love.
Raw data.
Brookhaven experiment.
Audioshield.
Elite dangerous also elite dangerous arena.
Project cars.
Luckys tale(free on oculus home, use revive to play on rift).
Radial g.
War thunder.
Adrift(made me feel sick though)
Half life 2

Tried serious sam vr but just didnt like it.

Last edited:
Associate
What Dan said, although I'd give Adrift a wide berth because the Vive controls are utterly terrible (they literally just mapped the Oculus buttons onto the controller...forget about true motion controls here).

I'd add:

• Budget Cuts Demo (it's still an early demo, but good!)
  • DCS World (if you like complicated flight sims - this is pretty good, but tends to judder, at least on my system)
  • Final Approach (air traffic control game, well executed, but I struggle with it)
  • House of the Dying Sun (space combat sim, not really in the same class as Elite or Eve:Valkyrie, but not bad nonetheless)
  • theBlu (just three brief experiences, but worth it IMO)
  • Paddle Up (probably the best VR table tennis experience)
  • Space Pirate Trainer (simple, yet very effective wave shooter)
  • Vanishing Realms (haven't gotten too far into this yet, but it feels good)

In terms of AAA experiences, there are few unfortunately. Elite and Project Cars are probably your best bets, but they're more seated cockpit titles. Raw Data is probably the closest thing to a full room-scale AAA experience on the Vive, although it's a wave shooter (but a very well-polished one).

HTC and Valve are promising big things in the next few months.

Associate
Vanishing Realms, as the others have said.
The Gallery - old school adventure type game. Very good but short.
Vertigo demo
Portal Stories VR
Windlands

Associate
Just having a look through my VR library and how many hours I've played:

31hrs - Project Cars. If you enjoy racing games this is very good but takes some setup and a decent spec PC to play well

11hrs - Onward. My favorite VR title. It's early access but plays very well. I would say a must if you are into the genre

10hrs - Space pirate trainer. Great for a 15 minute blast every now and again. Simple wave shooter that is a lot of fun.

6hrs - Fantastic contraption. Fun if you like building things and solving problems. Not played it in a while though

5hrs - Raw data. One of the well polished VR titles, a great wave shooter

4hrs - The Blu. Just a VR experience but well worth it if only to demo to mates

4hrs - Final approach. Something a bit different, air traffic control.

3hrs - Brookhaven. Wave based Zombie shooter. I would have more time on it but it scares the crap out of me lol.

1.5hrs - Quanero. A unique VR game, play detective and solve the crime. Only a short time on it as it's just 1 level demo but it would be one of my most played games if there was more content.

Soldato
Play Affected. Such a terrifying game. I managed to make it through the asylum yesterday and it took all my strength of will to not tear my rift off my head!

Soldato
Best VR game I've played has been Vanishing Realms. It's short and the last chapter could have been better but still worth the play through.

The only waveshooter worth buying is Raw Data I'd say, co-op is awesome.

Project cars is also decent, but you'll need a wheel/pedals.

Associate
Best VR game I've played has been Vanishing Realms. It's short and the last chapter could have been better but still worth the play through.

The only waveshooter worth buying is Raw Data I'd say, co-op is awesome.

Project cars is also decent, but you'll need a wheel/pedals.
What he said! :) Started playing Vanishing Realms recently and couldn't put it down - this, IMO, is what VR is all about!

The only wave shooters you should consider are Raw Data, SPT, and perhaps Brookhaven (if you need a zombie fix). The rest are all pretty much derivatives of these.

Still holding out on Golf Club VR until they sort out the performance problems that people are reporting.

Soldato
For me the quality of the releases is getting better?

Yore is a game I picked up a few weeks ago that's progressing nicely.

Dinner Duo is a fun thing I've had time to play. Fun enough on it's own, but it shifts up another gear in local co-op. Hit it up, the reviews speak the truth on it.

Associate
Eve Valk is now out on steam. Bit pricey though but a brill game, shame it doesn't have motion support.

You also get a free copy of Gunjack (I mean.. I say free but the game is £49.99)

Soldato
I am new to VR so my list is small :D

Elite Dangerous is great.
Adrift made me feel sick
Lucky Tales is very good
Mountain Goat is very addictive and good fun.

Not tried a driving game, traditional flight sim or a horror yet.

Associate
my fave games so far,
rec room, its just a laugh to play and talk with others
emily, wants to play if you like horror
big screen beta, not a game but you can watch movies on cinema size screens
zombie training simulator is fun
ghost town mine ride and shootin gallery, bit like a ghost train shooter with a walking section
paddle up, fun mulitplayer table tennis game

Associate
Another vote for Google Earth VR. Was a bit dismissive of it at first due to the poor models and textures in most places, but after playing with it some more I'm increasingly blown away by it. Can easily spend an hour or two on it at a time.

I know the maligned term "killer app" has been bandied around for this title, but it really IS that good!

Back
Top Bottom