Google apparently suspending some business with Huawei.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
so presumably this will put all the contract phone companies in a spin as well....will people be able to argue contract get outs or phone changes because of a lack of services available

Soldato
so presumably this will put all the contract phone companies in a spin as well....will people be able to argue contract get outs or phone changes because of a lack of services available

Nope, they have upheld their end of the bargain by providing the phone and service plan. They'll pass the buck, as will everyone else.

Don
I can’t see how operators will be able to prevent people cancelling contracts without penalty if it reaches the point existing application functionality is prevented from operating. Stopping updates is one thing, but this sounds like it has the potential to break a lot of Google’s apps on the affected phones.

Associate
Been reading this with interest. I have a mate 20x which I love for the battery and browsing and battery life. However camera is important to me as I wanted a P30 pro. I had even made a offer for one which luckily got refused. Looks like a one plus 7 or oppo 10x is on the cards now.

Soldato
As an Honor owner myself, I'm not quite at the stage of panic-selling just yet. Perhaps just wait and see how this plays out rather than immediately assuming your phone is a brick?

Soldato
Yeah this is where it smells of trade war, even if this gets resolved in a few months it casts a shadow in consumer's minds when it comes to China based manufacturers.

Also there's conflicting reports online, I thought Google Store services and such is safe on current devices, it's just Huawei's access to Android will be limited to open source which may delay future updates? Then future models will have the issues with Google Store, etc.

Honestly though, can't wait for China to reply to this, they literally can grab Apple by cajones here.

Don
Got to hope the backwards states wake up soon, but you're probably right that he'll be elected again.
As long as the economy doesn’t go south in the next year I can’t see him not winning. Economy is otherwise booming at the moment, but everything is at tipping point in the world economy, but that could be 2 years down line before things start biting.

Depends how bad the next Eurozone banking crisis is.

Soldato
I've only just bought a P30 Pro from EE, it was a choice of an iPhone XR or the Huawei. I'm still within the 14 day cooling off period but I've started using the phone so I guess I won't be able to return it anyway.

Really not sure what to think at this point. I'm optimistic for now but I suppose things will become clearer in a few days. By which time I'll be outwith any cooling off period anyway.

Caporegime
I've only just bought a P30 Pro from EE, it was a choice of an iPhone XR or the Huawei. I'm still within the 14 day cooling off period but I've started using the phone so I guess I won't be able to return it anyway.

Really not sure what to think at this point. I'm optimistic for now but I suppose things will become clearer in a few days. By which time I'll be outwith any cooling off period anyway.

Ring and ask now.... Then you know their stance.

Soldato

As long as the phone is still as new with all the accessories included in the box there shouldn't be an issue. I used mine for around 10 days before I returned it to Fonehouse, zero issues.

Back
Top Bottom