1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google assistant command

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by MichaelHo, 20 Oct 2016.

1. MichaelHo

Wise Guy

Just found out something really interesting via the Pixel support chat.

So my Pixel from EE defaulted as English - American as the language setting. With this on I had Google assistant settings for 'news, my day, shopping list.

I decided to change language to English - UK, with this setting Pixel picked up my English accent of 'ok Google' so much easier, I deleted English - American. However after deleting American it took away the 'news, my day and shopping list' options! I couldn't work out why so I used the support, they said this option is only available in America.

So I have turned back to English - American and the options reappeared....

2. JamesM

Sgarrista

"add X to my shopping list"
    "show my shopping list"

adds items and shows your shopping list etc.. Cant find out whether it deletes an item or clears it however.

3. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Ask her to 'clear my shopping list' and she says she can't take things of it yet. Still, when I'm shopping I would rather be ticking them off my Keep list rather than telling her to remove each item at a time.

4. TheOracle

Capodecina

I certainly hope nobody has bought a pixel for the google assistant

"What's this song"

Sorry I can't do that yet

Damn!

5. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Does anyone else use 'Remind me when I get home...'. I use it quite a bit and I realise it's not working on my Pixel XL :(

I'll try 'Remind me when I get to work...' and see if it's a weird location issue.

6. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

Welcome to the next Nexus device in all but the name :p