Google-Motorola "X Phone" in the 2013 pipeline?

Caporegime
If it branded by google i.e. a nexus device (unlikely as they wouldn't release another nexus phone so soon) then I might be interested, if not, then probably no as Motorolo's support/concern for the UK sucks.

Should be good though if the rumours of the specs etc. are true.

Soldato
OP
Well I'm hoping for a "Google Experience Device" a la original Droid/Milestone and Xoom. Google handle the software, and Motorola smash out some solid hardware, with brilliant battery life and radios.

It's no secret that Motorola have basically been Verizon's hardware bitch for several years (which potentially is responsible for their attitude towards EU/RotW sales and support). It would be great to get a truly unlocked "world phone", that has no carrier affiliation, and gets updates direct from Google, no matter which region you're in.

I'm not expecting anything before summer, but I'd be happy to wait until next Christmas, as long as they make a phone that hits Apple/Samsung for six!

Associate
Seriously, there's no love for this? Apparently I'm the only Motorola fanboy around here :p

Nooooo..... I'm one too :D

Well that may be able stretching it but am a fan of their hardware. Seriously can't get excited about a new phone from Motorola as know we'll be sat waiting for it to arrive in the UK. How many are waiting for a Razr HD/HD Maxx? Well ok, only 3 :p Razr i owners, of which I'm one, are left waiting for Jellybean when its Razr cousins have been pushed some Jelly. Why the wait? That said it's not a big deal breaker for me as the Razr i performs faultlessly. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

Soldato
Since Motorola dropped europe like it was hot I will be requiring proof their support is more than an email address to trust them going forward. It wasn't just consumer support that became bad, carrier support was extremely rough and nothing compared to SKorea manufacturers they regularly faced off against in deciding which new phones to stock.

Soldato
OP
Nooooo..... I'm one too :D

Haha, good to hear :p

It is a bit annoying that the support for the RAZR i is sluggish... and also that it seems to be an EU/LatAm exclusive, whilst the US gets the "proper" RAZR M - such an odd move!

Still, I remember reading that Intel and Moto had made some sort of uber collaboration arrangement... maybe Intel SoCs will start making their way into the next gen high end Moto phones?

Wintel is dead... long live Googorolatel??!

Associate
Caporegime
Their current android skin on the new RAZR phones is pretty much stock android (certainly the closest you will get compared to every other oem skin), imo it looks better as they use a dark theme throughout pretty much all the apps as well as adding more functions/features.

If they can keep the same theme & layout as stock android but bring more features (especially to the camera app) then I don't see the problem as the only good thing about stock android is the holo theme imho, everything else about it is too limited.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom