Google-Motorola "X Phone" in the 2013 pipeline?

You would think as they make "premium" television sets that they would transfer their tech across to mobile phones, but alas that's not the case.

I've read that they make the HTC One screen, and that is the best panel out by a long shot (Unless like me you love amoleds) so they really have no excuses.

Yeah been a lot of articles on supposed specs recently, personally just going to wait and see what is what when it is officially announced.

I think google/motorola have taken the same approach as Samsung i.e. have info. "leaked" in order to generate interest/hype and to try steal away the lime light from the galaxy s4, one etc.

Very much looking forward to it though!

All I want is:

- a great screen, preferably 4.7-5", either SLCD 3 or SAMOLED, would prefer SAMOLED, but not a deal breaker if it is LCD, hope it is 1080P, but if it is the same res. as the n4, then I can live with it as long as the rest of the phone makes up for it.....
- good battery life
- at least 16GB storage
- great design
- great camera overall (not holding out much hope for this area given past history with google and motorola devices)
- great audio, would love for front speakers but doubt it
- 2GB RAM, happy with the S600 SOC
- software to have stock android theme/look (think that is a given) and to have the same unified feel throughout as sense as well as the camera/gallery/browser apps with the samsung features (i.e. multi-view, air gestures, eye scroll etc.)

Can it happen? :p :D

Last edited:
All I want is

4.7 - 5 screen.. Nice and saturated
Big fat battery.. As big as you can get. 4000 would be nice
Good sound from dac
Nice and heavy
Metal/rubber design.. Not this tacky samsung material
At least 16GB or sd slot
Decent camera
Lush notification led.. Full rgb
2gb ram

Tbh just an update to the Razr hd would make me happy

Don't care about gpu
Don't care about cpu

The problem with using a big ass battery is that it will take forever to charge :p Unless they have introduced some new tech. Hmm, actually if that is the case then the S800 could be very possible as that is using the newest version of qualcomms quick charge, iirc up to 70% faster charging compared to every other chipset/phone.....

Yeah it would but surely they could supply a 1A charger like tablets have?

I dream of having a phone that lasts 24 hrs on one charge!

I've also liked weighty phones too

Possibly!

Pretty much every good phone from the last year or so can last 24 hours :p Get on a better network so that your signal improves! :p

Yeah, I don't mind having "weighty" phones but anything over 145/150g is too heavy imo and anything lighter than 110g is too light.

nexus one - January
nexus S - December
galaxy nexus - announced october, available in November
Nexus 4 - same as above

But since this isn't necessarily a "nexus" phone (supposedly), we have a good chance that it will be shown in May. Although, perhaps just not at google's i/o show....I think in the end, they will just present the replacement for the nexus 7 with KLP running on it in May and Motorola/google will have their own presentation show purely for the X phone?

I think there will be a Motorola phone shown at I/O I just don't think it will be the X phone. A Google rep was quoted recently saying that Google are still not through the Motorola back catalogue of semi-produced phones yet.

I think Google will have had influences on the new Motorola but it won't have been designed from scratch by Google. Apparently we will probably be more likely to see the X phone closer to the end of the year.

That said I still think the new Motorola will be a huge step forward for a Motorola phone.

Quite possibly a good chance that the phone will be shown in May, and still see a Nexus phone at the end of the year?

Very possible.

We can be guaranteed that there will be a nexus phone at some point this year, betting on November/December :p No way they would release a replacement for the N4 so soon especially when it only came into stock properly around January/February.

Motorola need to get something out to compete with the one, GS 4, xperia Z soon, otherwise they are going to be behind everyone once again just like what happened with their razr HD line up thus loose out on a lot of sales :(

Actually I don't think I've seen anyone with Motorola phone for ages! Bar my boss who wants/needs a full HW qwerty and has a droid 3 imported from US.. everyone else seem to either own iPhone, Samsung or in rareish cases a Sony.. and latelly n4 has been quite a hit.. I haven't seen HTC for ages we don't even have one in our development/test phone box that is full of BB, apples and samsungs lol.

Possibly!

Pretty much every good phone from the last year or so can last 24 hours :p Get on a better network so that your signal improves! :p

Yeah, I don't mind having "weighty" phones but anything over 145/150g is too heavy imo and anything lighter than 110g is too light.

No other option but to stick with 3. All other networks are worse! Mine lasts about 12 hours

Edit. My last charge lasted 8 hours

Last edited:
Screenshot_2013-03-26-01-30-03_zpse03f3420.png

Back
Top Bottom