**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
As far as I am aware if you bought it from the Google Store you are entitled to a RMA/Replacement.

As only occurred when the outside temp was -3c I'll see how it goes. I'm up in Scotland this week so if happens again I'l RMA it.

I let mine run down to 10% today to see if it shut down. But nothing.
I'm also in the Beta program.

If you are on 7.1.1 the beta program has ended now. If you reboot the phone you shouldn't see the beta screen. Lets hope they do some more updates.

Soldato
Anybody been having battery shutdown problems with their 6P, just been testing mine currently at 21 percent still no shutdown.

Seems to be a good number people suffering from this once their 6P get to around a year old.

I have popped into the thread just to check if others have this issue. I have, phone was 354 days old, I took it back to carphone warehouse and they have sent it off.

It would should down at 15% religiously. It would show when it was on the battery settings page too, just a sharp drop in battery level. I was lucky as i was still within a year warranty, but I suspect others won't be as lucky =( they should fix this fault regardless of age tbh as it is obvioisly a common issue.

Soldato
As only occurred when the outside temp was -3c I'll see how it goes. I'm up in Scotland this week so if happens again I'l RMA it.

If you are on 7.1.1 the beta program has ended now. If you reboot the phone you shouldn't see the beta screen. Lets hope they do some more updates.

I'm staying in it(I haven't unsubscribe on Goole) just in case :)

Associate
My 6p also shutting down way up high of the percentage remaining

Phone is about 1 years old, need to find receipt to check if I will get any luck replacing the battery at least

So first time it shutdown early I think I was playing a game and just turn the screen off before later realising that it was actually powered off, thought maybe the game drained it without me noticing

Then it started turning off at 15% battery remaining (when it goes orange for power saving mode) so thought hey must be a software bug

now it has been turning off at 20% and most recently around the 35% mark....

So according to Accubattery Battery the capacity is 2252/3450 mAh, this is calculated from the speed of battery drain with the actual rated capacity going to zero, as my phone dies way before zero

So my phone battery health is 65% according to app, and it is shutting down at 35% remaining then I probably have like 1500 mAh usable battery in this phone (someone can probably do the maths here better)

I do like this phone but the sealed battery is a pain to replace myself and will look crap if I am even able to put it back together again

Soldato
Happened to me on Snowdon today

2017-01-05%2007.43.32.png

70% to 0

2017-01-05%2007.44.00.png

However its the cold triggering it but its a early sign the battery isn't up to scratch as didn't do it when new.

2017-01-05%2008.04.07.png

Repeated twice, on charge it says on.

Soldato
Mine randomly shut down this evening (didnt get a chance to see what % it was at but was around 50% in my guesstimation) however it had been sat outside in a rucksack for 3 hours in -1 temps so I'm keeping an open mind for now.

Associate
Mine updated to 7.1.1 (Jan security updates) yesterday and I used it as normal.

Plugged it in last night at around 22% battery and it started flapping charging/draining and destroyed 15% battery in about 10 minutes doing that. Had to do a hard reset before it would start charging properly.

Handset itself is about 6 months old, and hasn't displayed any whacky battery behaviour so far, so it appears to be software at this point possibly.

Soldato
Mine updated to 7.1.1 (Jan security updates) yesterday and I used it as normal.

Plugged it in last night at around 22% battery and it started flapping charging/draining and destroyed 15% battery in about 10 minutes doing that. Had to do a hard reset before it would start charging properly.

Handset itself is about 6 months old, and hasn't displayed any whacky battery behaviour so far, so it appears to be software at this point possibly.

Fast charging not working as it should is a known software glitch. Though I don't know if Google acknoledge it, many here have had it, but it's very rare (as in it usually happens months apart) and a simple restart does the trick.

It sounds like your issue was similar and if so then there's no need to worry.

Soldato
I managed to drop my 6P this morning and shattered the glass near the bottom left corner. Is there anyone I can send the phone off to for repairs? The local Timpson's only do iPhone repairs.

How much is a repair likely to cost? If its a lot, I might just get a plastic screen cover and wait for the Samsung S8.

Back
Top Bottom