Google Pixel 5

Associate
i can recommend the Cambridge Audio Melomania.

no noise reduction but with the memory foam buds it’s not needed.

How do you find the mic on these? Always think my mic isn't upto scratch as caller other end says it sounds distant or clear at the best of times. Music wise and sound isolation and comfort they are good.

Soldato
I’ve noticed a bit of a gap between the glass and frame on my device, and after some research it seems it may be a bit of a QC issue.

Has anyone else experienced this? I’m just on hold to get it replaced as there’s no way that the water resistance would hold up

Soldato
Was wondering about those or the Pixel Buds but heard that the Pixel option has had issues with connection.

Do you find the sony's big in your ears as they look noticeably bigger than other options.
Ended up buying some Galaxy Buds Plus from CEX for £78 at grade B. Seem brand new to me and is the same cost of 'new' ones on the bay but with some warranty if needs be. Sounding great to my ears at the moment, loving the usb c and the touch controls.

Very happy.

Associate
I’ve noticed a bit of a gap between the glass and frame on my device, and after some research it seems it may be a bit of a QC issue.

Has anyone else experienced this? I’m just on hold to get it replaced as there’s no way that the water resistance would hold up
It's a known issue, not massivley widespread but a fair few people have reported it. Just get it replaced, chances are the replacement will be fine.

Associate
from what i have seen after researching the forums heavily since the gap became known from reddit, official google and xda there is a lot of affected devices especially in europe and rest of the world.

The US guys seem to be reporting less issues so make of that as you will.

besides the fact i missed out on the bose promo thanks to currys selling stock they never had im guna go with the 4a5g and get another shot at the promo and hopefully no bloody gaps.

Soldato
I bet they are not.

Are you saying you think more than 50% of Pixel 5s have this issue, or are you just a gambling man? :D

I would certainly take those odds...

I think people get carried away with these things. Is it right they happen? No, of course not. But, how many do they sell? Surely it's going to be somewhere between maybe 500,000 and a few million. If 5,000 people have the issue... even if 50,000 people, the chances of you have one, returning it and having another, or very slim indeed.

Associate
I've also got the uneven gap issue but I'm probably at the point where I can't be bothered thinking about it any more and I always have my phones in a case anyway so I may just keep it.
To be far you do need to hold the phone in a particular angle under certain light to see it but it's there and poor quality control on Googles part.

Some of the teardown videos are surfacing now which do give me a bit more confidence that in theory it shouldn't get progressively worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPvlSHyok68

Associate
I would certainly take those odds...

I think people get carried away with these things. Is it right they happen? No, of course not. But, how many do they sell? Surely it's going to be somewhere between maybe 500,000 and a few million. If 5,000 people have the issue... even if 50,000 people, the chances of you have one, returning it and having another, or very slim indeed.

That wasn't the case with the Pixel 2XL, how many of those where sent back due to blue tint on the screen & all the other problem that plagued that screen, only to get a replacement that was just as bad or worse.

Soldato
was going to get 5 for other half.
she has pixel 3 at themoment.
watched plenty of reviews,and apart from the battery,it is not an upgrade...

there are no interesting phones on the market at the ,moment...

Soldato
there are no interesting phones on the market at the ,moment...

I would say there's more now than there have been in many years. Foldable's, LG Win, phones that can run 3 different operating systems. There is more variety than we've had in some time.

Yes we are & the fact that if you get a replacement it'll be perfect, is doubtful, my example was the Pixel 2xl.

I wouldn't say it's the same. Surely the Pixel 2 just had a relatively poor screen? I'm not talking about the odds of you getting a poor replacement of that.

Associate
Black Friday is not far away and I bet you'll see a decent discount this year

im not so sure a lot of people are saying the pixels dont really get that big of a discount on black friday especially in the UK.

if the pixel 5 was £500 its much more appealing but £600 i feel is just too much for what you get and the poor quality control.

Soldato
I got a cracking deal on my 2XL on Black Friday the year it was released.
From memory the offers were more in the contract deals rather than Sim free.
It was one of those ones where total cost of airtime and device were were lower than the sim free price.

Back
Top Bottom