Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Soldato
Oh, for sure. I might even have bought an iPhone by the time October 6th comes along because looking at the (rumoured) P7 specs it's pretty much a refresh of the P6 - no thanks!

Yeah, I've not had an iPhone since the 6. Previous to my pixel6 I had a mate20. I've regretted the upgrade ever since and I think I'll be going to an S22 very soon. Probably on next payday as I've read nothing but great reviews about the chips in them. Unless things change drastically, this will be my last Google phone

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I'd be keeping a very close eye on which chip and modem they go for. If they with the same line as the 6 I'd be very skeptical.

Emphasis on the modem.

On that point, and excuse the laziness, but what modem is in the P6/pro?

Edit: Ok Samsung 5123b apparently.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
It'll be a different modem in the G2.

Google would be mad to skimp again, they've already lost a lot of die hard Google fans with the 6.

I'd like to think a company like Google will have learnt some lessons from their 1st attempt at custom SoC and the 2nd gen will be acting on those lessons. Otherwise they may as well exit the mobile hardware game now.

I'm keeping my eye on the 7 as it's rumored to be a touch smaller than the 6.

Soldato
I waited too long to decide on the Pixel 6 so with the 7 round the corner I'm keeping an eye on that as a possible upgrade on our Mate 20 Pro handsets.

Hopefully the 7 doesn't have the niggly issues I've been reading on the Pixel 6 thread.

Saying that, I'm sure a fault-ridden new Pixel will outperform our current handsets and probably annoy us a lot less :rolleyes:

Soldato
Google would be mad to skimp again, they've already lost a lot of die hard Google fans with the 6.

I'd like to think a company like Google will have learnt some lessons from their 1st attempt at custom SoC and the 2nd gen will be acting on those lessons. Otherwise they may as well exit the mobile hardware game now.

I'm keeping my eye on the 7 as it's rumored to be a touch smaller than the 6.
Here's hoping.

I'm going to stick with the 6 Pro. Though looking to get the regular 7 for the lady.

Associate
If they are as big as the Pixel 6 I am not interested. My Pixel 5 is the right size, both the 6 and 6 pro are far too big. I will also be expecting a decent processor and modem as well. Otherwise I will be sticking to my 5

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
If they are as big as the Pixel 6 I am not interested. My Pixel 5 is the right size, both the 6 and 6 pro are far too big. I will also be expecting a decent processor and modem as well. Otherwise I will be sticking to my 5
They are pretty much the same size. The 7 is rumoured to be a little smaller than the 6.

Associate
I don't understand why they are making them the size of the 6. They are too big imo. My wife has the 6 and its heavy and large compared to my 5 and it just doesn't sit right in the hand. Why can't they make a smaller version, probably to much tech to fit into a smaller case I guess

I don't understand why they are making them the size of the 6. They are too big imo. My wife has the 6 and its heavy and large compared to my 5 and it just doesn't sit right in the hand. Why can't they make a smaller version, probably to much tech to fit into a smaller case I guess
Indeed. Its why I can't see me leaving my p5.

Why can't there be a p7 and p7 mini or wharveer.

Associate
I find the Pixel 6 painfully chunky next to my Poco F3. The Poco has a bigger screen yet is only a smidge taller, the Poco is also a fair bit thinner and significantly lighter. Not sure why Google can't do the same, with only the camera hump being bigger.

Hopefully the 7 has slimmed down a decent amount.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I find the Pixel 6 painfully chunky next to my Poco F3. The Poco has a bigger screen yet is only a smidge taller, the Poco is also a fair bit thinner and significantly lighter. Not sure why Google can't do the same, with only the camera hump being bigger.

Hopefully the 7 has slimmed down a decent amount.

Back
Top Bottom