Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Associate
Well there's my theory out of the window of how Google have prioritised things. Lesson learned, never order a few minutes after it becomes available :cry:
Yeah, mine should be here within the hour and I ordered a day later than most people :confused:

512GB pro for what it's worth

Last edited:
Soldato
I ordered about 5pm last week, it's arriving today this afternoon DPD (256/Pro/PW2) my journey of Pixels has been

Pixel 2 XL
Pixel 3 XL
Pixel 4 XL
Pixel 5 - returned after a few days due to size/hated it & changed to Oppo Find X3 Pro
Pixel 7 Pro
Pixel 8 Pro

Prior to that was iPhone (up until the X which is when I swapped to Pixel)

Have been using a Samsung watch for last couple of years, only use it for the Gym to control YT Music via tethering to phone a few times a week, but looking forward to getting rid of the Samsung app and keeping it all Google with the Pixel Watch 2 (didn't try the 1).

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
So after living with the iPhone 15 since Saturday, I don't think it's a keeper. Initially the 60hz was OK but as I use it more I'm finding the lack of smoothness distracting. That and the iOS notifications is driving me mad, I find myself having to constantly check the notification screen and there are so many more swipes and taps to interact. If I'm using the phone and I get a notification comes in and appeas at the top, I can't simply swipe it away like on Android. I have to open it or go and hunt it down to dismiss it. Google Home app has a strange audio bug when viewing cameras which make it massively worse for my usage. Reminders app is a confusing mess, trying to get just a simple widget to show my reminder isn't possible. Photos on the 15 are decent, but I really don't like the processing or colours. I also miss the AoD from Android, just a quick glance when it's sat on my desk and I know everything I need to know.

I did warn my wife I was going to "try" the 15 regular. I'll sweeten her up by giving her the free Coral buds pro I get from my Pixel 8 arriving tomorrow :D

Returning the 15 Pro cost me a meal out, the forfeits are escalating so I need to stick.

Man of Honour
So after living with the iPhone 15 since Saturday, I don't think it's a keeper. Initially the 60hz was OK but as I use it more I'm finding the lack of smoothness distracting. That and the iOS notifications is driving me mad, I find myself having to constantly check the notification screen and there are so many more swipes and taps to interact. If I'm using the phone and I get a notification comes in and appeas at the top, I can't simply swipe it away like on Android. I have to open it or go and hunt it down to dismiss it. Google Home app has a strange audio bug when viewing cameras which make it massively worse for my usage. Reminders app is a confusing mess, trying to get just a simple widget to show my reminder isn't possible. Photos on the 15 are decent, but I really don't like the processing or colours. I also miss the AoD from Android, just a quick glance when it's sat on my desk and I know everything I need to know.

I did warn my wife I was going to "try" the 15 regular. I'll sweeten her up by giving her the free Coral buds pro I get from my Pixel 8 arriving tomorrow :D

Returning the 15 Pro cost me a meal out, the forfeits are escalating so I need to stick.
This is quite the journey, I look forward to the feature film coming soon :D

Associate
OP
IMG-6632.jpg

The phone is absolutely beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom