Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Associate
I use this with the Spigen Rugged Armour Case

OMOTON Google Pixel 8 Pro Screen Protector with Camera Lens Protector, Tempered Glass Film for Google Pixel 8 Pro, Support Fingerprint Unlock, Anti-Scratch, 9H Hardness, HD Clear, 3+2 Pack​

Brilliant, thankyou I was looking at that one as an option. I should have read the reviews of the Jettech one, lots of complaints of the same problem I had. Cheers

Associate
Picked up a Pixel 8 pro to replace my 6 non pro yesterday. Really pleased with it, felt my 6 was starting to give up the ghost after 2 and a half years hard use.

One issue, I do like a screen protector and case in place but having tried both a Caseology Nano Pop and a Spigen Rigged Armour with a Jettech screen protector, the screen protector starts to bubble up at the edges with a case in place.

Screen protector is fitted perfectly, and as soon as case is off it settles back in place flawlessly. Think it's probably my purchase in error after a re-read it does say may not work with other case brands.

Any thoughts on a decent screen protector before I repurchase (I'm going to keep the Spigen case I think). Nb I prefer both in place having spectacularly chucked several phones across concrete rushing for a train etc to no damage. They've saved me on a few occasions!! Cheers
What's the biggest difference you have noticed between the two phone please as I am thinking of doing the same? Thank you.

Associate
What's the biggest difference you have noticed between the two phone please as I am thinking of doing the same? Thank you.
It's an incremental upgrade, which is what I expected. It's definitely a fair bit more responsive, not that the 6 was unresponsive, I'd have happily kept it. Battery life is a good bit better I'm on 56%, used since 7am this morning, I'd be needing a charge shortly on the 6. Overall I'm pleased with it, I was just a bit inspired by the 9 leaks a didnt want my hand forces on a potentially expensive 9xl not wanting to go down a screen size if Google copied Apples pricing startegy. Overall pleased I swapped. 2 and a half years again to the 11 sounds workable to me.

Associate
It's an incremental upgrade, which is what I expected. It's definitely a fair bit more responsive, not that the 6 was unresponsive, I'd have happily kept it. Battery life is a good bit better I'm on 56%, used since 7am this morning, I'd be needing a charge shortly on the 6. Overall I'm pleased with it, I was just a bit inspired by the 9 leaks a didnt want my hand forces on a potentially expensive 9xl not wanting to go down a screen size if Google copied Apples pricing startegy. Overall pleased I swapped. 2 and a half years again to the 11 sounds workable to me.

I also went from a 6 to an 8 and just day to day it is a much better phone. And of course all the things that come from a few years of releases like a better camera, you get newer features before everyone else etc

Associate
Thank you for the reply. My 6 is feeling really laggy recently especially when I double click the power button to open the camera which I do a lot. It may just be the April update, not sure.

Soldato
Trade in deals on pixel 8 pro pretty good atm. Offering 307 for a 7a, which is more than I paid for it!

Really want to hold out for the 9 though.

i really wish they would release the A version of pixels at the same time as the normal versions as honestly i'd prob go with the A more often and upgrade more frequently due to the lower cost. i know it may seem silly as it's prob better to pay for an 8 normal, than an 8A, and then a 9A the following year, however i just really don't like holding an expensive device on me that can so easily break. i'd much rather think "ah it's just a £400 phone, don't worry it might break, but it's cheap and i'll get another phone in 6 months", rather than "protect the phone with your life, it costs £800, and has to last 2 years!"

Soldato
i really wish they would release the A version of pixels at the same time as the normal versions as honestly i'd prob go with the A more often and upgrade more frequently due to the lower cost. i know it may seem silly as it's prob better to pay for an 8 normal, than an 8A, and then a 9A the following year, however i just really don't like holding an expensive device on me that can so easily break. i'd much rather think "ah it's just a £400 phone, don't worry it might break, but it's cheap and i'll get another phone in 6 months", rather than "protect the phone with your life, it costs £800, and has to last 2 years!"
Nationwide insurance covers Mobile and full car breakdown cover and travel insurance. 13 quid a month. Worry free.

Man of Honour
I'm sure I used to be able to do this, but can't seem to remember how.

I used to tap an NFC tag and I could enable things like wifi hotspot, etc... but I can't seem to work out how to do it on the 8 Pro and apps don't seem to have permissions to do it. Did they disable that capability?

I'm sure I used to be able to do this, but can't seem to remember how.

I used to tap an NFC tag and I could enable things like wifi hotspot, etc... but I can't seem to work out how to do it on the 8 Pro and apps don't seem to have permissions to do it. Did they disable that capability?
Not sure if it relates to this, but some reason to make nfc payments now I have to use my finger print or face check, before it would just work fine if the phone was unlocked. Maybe there's any extra step involved which stops the nfc tag from doing what you're after.

I'm also having an issue, but it may be Android related more than pixel.

I search something, it uses the search browser rather than chrome. I'm reading away on a page. I click the "view recent apps" button, and that instantly closes the page I was on. Lost forever. Impossible to swap between apps now when searching something. It's so frustrating as I recently was searching stuff for holiday to be mid search, 50 pages deep, and all was lost.

Anyone else have this issue?

Associate
@unwashed potato!
I know in Gmail if your viewing a web page through an email you can press the 3 dots and choose open in chrome, that way you can keep the page in chrome for later. Worth a try on Google search.

Edit. I just put the search bar on my homepage and and did a search which opened chrome for me. I now have no clue lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom