1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GoPro Hero 7 Black

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by DAIR, Nov 18, 2018.

1. DAIR

Sgarrista

I've been using the Hero 4 Silver a number of years now. And for the most part it's been pretty good. I'm now on the lookout for a new / additional cam. Because.... New technologies init!

Worth buying this new kit or pick up one of their old models (GoPro 6). Or consider a non-GoPro action cam?

2. Clov!s

Capodecina

3. Cyclone

Mobster

I have the 7 Black, and the video is stunning.

It has a few issues at the moment but they should be fixed in a new firmware due in December.

4. DAIR

Sgarrista

Has to be the cheapest on the net right now. I've seen the previous 6 Black for either the same price or more!

Manged to get 5.99 using this promo code -JBUY599

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  5. Cyclone

Mobster

New update for 7 Black

https://gopro.com/update/hero7-black

HERO7 Black update v1.61 | December 11, 2018

HERO7 Black v1.61

PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS

• Dynamically adjusts HyperSmooth stabilization strength to reduce motion blur in low light videos.
    • Extends battery life when recording in high-frame rates including 2.7K120, 1080p120 and 1080p240 video.
    • Improves connectivity between your camera and the GoPro app.
    • Increases voice control accuracy.
    • Enhances live stream stability.
    USABILITY IMPROVEMENTS

• Eliminates image stuttering in slow panning shots that use HyperSmooth stabilization.
    • Corrects stretching issue when playing back 4:3 aspect ratio videos on camera.
    • Improves portrait and landscape detection.
    • Removes red line artifacts that can appear in some videos.
    • General bug fixes and user interface improvements.

6. Cyclone

Mobster

[​IMG]

Anyone else tried underwater video/pictures? Was holding it, hence its not that clear.

Incase anyone is wondering, its frog spawn :)

7. Tysonator

Wise Guy

I own a Hero 4 Black and love it.
    If was going to to upgrade then it would have to be Hero Black 7 as this is by far the best Hero to date, the colours, video, interface, screen etc. The Hero 5 & 6 from memory did not have great reviews especially the 6 !

8. MacRS4

Wise Guy

I’ve a few of the GoPro units - the 7 is by far the best, by some margin. Conversely, the 6 is probably the worst Ive ever owned. I’ve two of them, and they’ve both got problems. One randomly closes off, killing your recording, the other rarely gets more than 30 minutes battery etc. Gave up on those, they’re trash.

9. Marzipanogram

Wise Guy

Edit:
    Never mind.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  10. Tysonator

Wise Guy

The Hero 4 Black for old style in a separate protective case, 5 Black and the best so far is 7 Black

11. crinkleshoes

Capodecina

I have 2x 7 blacks & they're brilliant, massive step up from the previous ones & the image stabilisation is incredibly impressive.

Been using them for helmet cam and car exterior videos, where vibration and random movements can be quite significant... the video is still buttery smooth... almost unrealistically so.