GoPro Hero 7 Black

Associate
Yeah. I've got a 20,000mAh power bank and was planning on bringing the GoPro battery charger with me so I have one battery charging in my bag while I film with the other battery. The GoPro hasn't arrived yet so I'm not sure how long my power bank will take to charge one battery though.
Are you able to film and also use the power bank at the same time?
I use this method when cycling.
It keeps the GoPro battery nearly topped up, even after it's been independently charged.
But the GoPro battery does lose some of its charge, even with the power bank connected.
You're basically slowing the discharge of the battery down by using the power bank.

Soldato
Just out of interest has anyone tried the live streaming feature of the Hero 7 Black? I'd quite like to try it out at some point, but I'm not sure how it works in practice. Would a 4G mobile phone signal be enough to stream to the internet? Also, what services does it support? I have a YouTube channel I'd like to stream to.

Edit: Do you need the 1000 subscribers to live stream from the GoPro Hero 7 Black or is that only for mobile live streaming?

Last edited:
Soldato
New firmware update for this camera

HERO7 Black v1.80

USABILITY IMPROVEMENTS
  • Resolves fast forward/rewind problems when using the Media Gallery slider.
  • Corrects freezing issues during software updates and when rotating the camera after recording with certain settings.
  • General bug fixes.

Associate
What spec pc are you guys editing your videos with? Reason I ask is I have a amd phenom II 955 x4 cpu with 8 gigs of ddr3 ram and I’m
Wondering if my pc would edit videos ok

Associate
I have been using my gopro 7 for rockpool filming for the kids. Does anybody recommend a good macro lens for it? getting blurry shots when the crabs and prawns are about 10-20cm distance.. :(

Soldato
Rather than start another thread I’ve purchased a Hero 2018 model which I plan to firmware update to a Hero 5 .... has anyone attempted this? Hoping this isn’t a forum rule break and if so please delete :cool:

Back
Top Bottom