• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Got a chance of a 1080ti

Associate
Hi

Currently running a 1080 but have the chance of a 1080 ti for £480 which is in new condition and fully boxed etc etc...is it worth a punt and will it be a worth while upgrade.

thanks

Associate
OP
i all ready have a evga 1080 sc which is in my watercooled loop and the block fits the ti as it is also a evga sc so it will be watercooled...so looks like a no brainer at the moment

Associate
OP
well bought the evga gtx1080icx xc today for £470, installed my waterblock and been testing out. Can anyone tell me if these temps are ok. Taken while playing pubg for an hour. The mem2 reading is higher than the other mem readings, dont know anything about these cards so was wondering if everything is ok.

Associate
OP
OK so last night pc started freezing with hundreds of small boxes on screen while gaming, every game the same, it happened after about 2 minutes into the game. Reinstalled drivers etc etc but no good. Any ideas what could cause it,. Temps were all good at the timeis the card faulty

Associate
OP
Well everything seemed good until I thought I would give evga precision a go, I installed it mainly for the monitoring part for temps and that's when the problems started. I also had afterburner installed and am wondering if there was a clash between the 2..i removed both progs and reinstalled drivers but still same. Had to go bed cos 12 hr shifts today so will investigate tonight. I am hoping it's the display port cable so will try hdmi tonight

Associate
OP
well i just did a benchmark and my card seems to be boosting to 1974ghz....it should be around 1670...this could be my problem. any one know how i stop the card from doing this. I have uninstalled evga precision and in msi afterburner it does not show any settings in the control panel....help needed!

Associate
OP
so we can right off that the card is overclocking to much....just tried a 1080 monitor with a dvi connection and ran heaven again a it crashed again after a minute or so...this time it was a turquoise blank screen.....went to task manager and just closed program so didnt lock up the pc this time...is it the card that is faulty do you think

Associate
OP
i nopticed in msi osd that it kept saying power limit when playing a game....not seen that before with the previous card....mayb there is not enough power to feed the card at that speed?

Associate
OP
well i ran heaven again and this time it crashed the computer...lost signal to monitor and had to do a hard reset, pc booted up to automatic repair mode and stated repairs to drives needed and could take uo to an hour...still waiting for it to finnish.
I have tried everything i can think off now but I reckon it is a faulty card...anyone know how evga are with people who have put a waterblock on..will they except an rma do you think...if I can put the original cooler back on that is....it was a beast :)

Associate
OP
I have tried that. Now got another problem. Computer crashed last night while testing gpu again and now won't boot at all... Said at start up disks need to be checked and may take several hours. Left it on all night and still nothing this morning. Left it on and gone to work so wii have 13 hours to finish whatever it is doing. If not fixed by then think it will be a reinstall of Windows but will lose all my files unless there is a way round it

Associate
OP
Sorry been busy so yes I m on w10 and yes I am using w7/8 gadget pack for those who were asking.

Anyway did a clean install of windows today as I was unable to recover my system after the mega crash last night. Before taking the card out thought I would give it a go so installed furmark and stress tested it and it ran fine for 20 min before crashing, I had gpu z running and could see for most of the time it was only boosting to 1760 speed but then went upto the 1974 and straight a way crashed, see pic below. It looks as though the card can not cope with the high boost to 1974 but below that it was fine, I also noticed in furmarkit was constantly saying the power 1 in the limits section. do you think my psu is struggling, it is a evga 750 p2 platinum. or is just a faulty card

shell station hours near me

Associate
OP
so latest...I removed the ti and put my card back in and all working fine. carefully put back together the faulty card and thought I would give it a go in my second pc and it is working perfectly...so maybe it did not like water cooling or perhaps I did not fit the block correctly...now don't know what to do with it...I really wanted it water cooled but not sure if I should try it again and see what happens...what do you reckon?

Back
Top Bottom