**GOT AN EVGA GRAPHICS RELATED QUESTION OR NEED SUPPORT - ASK HERE!!**

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Making this a sticky, its an official thread to post any questions you have for EVGA or issues you have with EVGA. They shall answer/help with your questions here. :)

Associate
Got one for you: I have an Arctic Accelero Twin Turbo ii on my reference GTX 680, working a treat. Just received my backplate, having been assured the two can go together in the same way the reference cooler is compatible with the backplate (standard one, not classified).
Just wondering, do I use the screws that EVGA provide for the 4 that go around the heat sink (circled in orange in their instructions) or the screws from Arctic? I assume the EVGA ones are longer to accommodate the extra few mm's of height from the plate itself? Also, presumably they are the same diameter? I know that last one will probably be met with "Yes, of course, they are standardised or the cooler wouldn't fit" but it never hurts to be sure. :)

Thanks in advance

Associate
Hi Slaeowulf,

as I do not have this cooler to cross test this i can not give a 100% answer. I would suggest to use the screws that came with the cooler and only try the other ones if there is an issue with fitting the block or temps.

Associate
Hi,

following you can see a comparison to the exhausting FTW. Test was made on a benching table with 30 degree room temp and with 3Dmark11 with Auto fan settings, with a custom fancourve you can run it even more cooler.

Idle @ 30c FTW - 39c / 25dBA Sig2 - 28c / 21.9 dBA
3Dmark11 @ 30c FTW - 78c / 30dBA Sig2 - 64c / 24.1 dBA

Let me know if you have further question about this card or the cooler.

Associate
Hi Slaeowulf,

as I do not have this cooler to cross test this i can not give a 100% answer. I would suggest to use the screws that came with the cooler and only try the other ones if there is an issue with fitting the block or temps.

If it's ever of interest to anyone the two are compatible, but definitely use Arctic's 4 screws (inc washers) for the HSF and the rest of EVGA's for the rest of the card. Worked a treat for me.

Soldato
EVGA have often put a little thought and effort into their blower type "exhausting" cards regarding improving the exhaust size in the backplate etc, why can you not offer "enhanced Bioses" with a sensible fan curve ?

Your twin fan cards have much better fan/temp mapping, so Nvidia obviously trust you with their bios software ;)

Associate
I just got myself an evga sc 660ti card but my system is having troubles with it as it will boot up but then my screen goes blank. I uninstalled the drivers from my previous card but it is still happening. Any thoughts guys

Associate
I just got myself an evga sc 660ti card but my system is having troubles with it as it will boot up but then my screen goes blank. I uninstalled the drivers from my previous card but it is still happening. Any thoughts guys

I have same issue on my other PC.. it happened when I changed the GPU from x brand to y brand.

would like to know how to fix it as well.

Associate
EVGA have often put a little thought and effort into their blower type "exhausting" cards regarding improving the exhaust size in the backplate etc, why can you not offer "enhanced Bioses" with a sensible fan curve ?

Your twin fan cards have much better fan/temp mapping, so Nvidia obviously trust you with their bios software ;)

Hi,

as every chip act different this is difficult because it could also cause the opposit and make the card louder. For people that do not have a clue about custome fancurve and also do not want to take a look at this the auto setting is pretty good. Enthusiasts are mostly more willed to play with settings like this to get the best performance out of the card then the people that just want to power on the system and play.

Associate
I have same issue on my other PC.. it happened when I changed the GPU from x brand to y brand.

would like to know how to fix it as well.

Hi,

if you have issues after a switch of hardware I would always suggest to clean out all driver and tools that do have access to the card with a tool like driver fusion and download and install only the latest ones. If your system is overclocked I would suggest to remove the overclock. If you are able to test the card in another system I would suggest to try because this is the most simple way to get to know if there is an issue with your system or with the card. Did you take a look if your power supply fit the minimum power requirement? Have you changed the cooler? With new cards I would also suggest to clean carefully the PCI.E port of the card. During the production this get protected with silicon and if there is a little bit left this can occur issues. If you run an old motherboard I would also suggest to go for the latest BIOS update to make sure the card get recognized right.

Associate
It seems that the card doesn't like the waterblock that I have as I re-attached the stock cooler and its working with no problems at all.

Hi,

which cooler have you used? Did you use insulating washer to install the block on the card? Was the card perfect equal and straight in line after the installation or did the pcb made small waves?

Associate
Hi,

which cooler have you used? Did you use insulating washer to install the block on the card? Was the card perfect equal and straight in line after the installation or did the pcb made small waves?

The cooler I have is an EK VGA Supremacy. I did use all the washers provided but i must admit that the screws were a little too easy to do up as there was no pressure like you would get from installing a cpu cooler. Maybe a thermal pad or removing the washers might help

Back
Top Bottom