Got knocked off my motorbike today!

Associate
Wooooooohooooooo.

Yes thats right, riding through a 30 limit a 1/4mile from home and some lady decided to do a U turn and swipe me straight up.
Im OK apart from bruised hip and dented pride.
Motorcycle is pretty mashed with a scratched frame and lots of broken plastics.
I have plenty of photos to upload for your guys and I also managed to catch the event on my gopro. Ill have to wait for the rozzers to return my SD card to me first before I upload the footage.

Typical SMIDSY.

Please remember to wear ATGATT.

Be safe.

:o

Her Car:
mtPg2Bxl.jpg

My lid:
4pC0iiel.jpg

Various parts of my smashed bike.
cp1wvyHl.jpg
IkkjxgOl.jpg
Close up of scratched frame:
KY1QDskl.jpg
DYrKPmgl.jpg
UDO7sySl.jpg
FqareqHl.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ah that sucks dude, glad to hear you're ok, though the bike looks a bit messy...

Did you edit any potential speed related incriminatory bits off the SD card btw? :D

She admitted full liability thank god.

Didnt get a chance to edit the SD card but I asked they cop if he will be looking the whole way through the tape....to which he said I had nothing to worry about ;).

She called an ambulance who called the rozzers.
Got taken to the hospital for a check up, they said all's well and good and just to rest.

Pub tonight it is then? :D

Associate
OP
Her reaction seemed really genuine, she was gutted and really sorry that she hit me.
My reaction was slightly more colourful shall i say...

Its not that she admitted liability to me, but also to the police, so one would assume that her doing it to the police means its open and shut?

Associate
OP
Video will be up shortly, all the officer had to say was "thats an interesting video" wink wink nudge nudge. So thats alright then ;)

Video turns out alright actually!
Excuse my weird noises.

(Insert video here soon)

Associate
OP
Sorry to see you got knocked off, obviously, but I'm reminded of the last video that you uploaded where you nearly did the same thing to a van....

Did you even watch the video I posted? It was nothing similar to me lane splitting, she literally smashed into me! No co-incidence what so ever.

Cheers everyone for your kind words!
No biking confidence knocked, looking forward to getting it sorted and getting back out on the road for the bike meet hopefully ;)

Associate
OP
Sheesh! That's pretty impressive blindness, though maybe less surprising than it should be.

As mentioned, did bottom touch ground or was it more of a hop skip and jump to 'safety'?

It was also nice to see some people (hopefully) helping.

I did hit the ground with a fair whack but I jumped straight up again (more to get out of the way of any danger).

They were a great help and a couple picked my bike up out of the path and others left their details as witnesses.

Associate
OP
I actually shifted out of my seat when watching in reaction to her turn! Glad you're ok.

Best cut out the first few seconds of that video unless you're in a 40 mph limit though. Nothing wrong with the speed at the point of the accident.

I got to all of about 35mph for a second until i slowed down to 30 again straight after so i think it'll be ok.
My solicitor has seen the video and says its alright lol.

Associate
OP
Bad times dude, glad you are ok.

However....
There was a full 3 seconds from when she started turning to when she hit you.
More than enough time to brake or swerve round it.

She should be paying attention, as should you.

Ah yes. But did you see me doing my mirror check before she hits me?

Back
Top Bottom