Got me a Euro Wii - Clue me in!

Soldato
street fighter?? how do I do this? :D

What is a VC pad?

Does the Wii play snes roms?? If so woooo hooo!! and HOW? and is the same true of N64? Mario Kart 64 would be awesome :D

Sorry if I'm hi-jacking, didn't think I deserved a new thread.

Just got our Wii today :D

Cheers,

G

1) Connect the Wii to your wireless network.
2) Look for the Virtual Console Shop Channel.
3) Buy some points on your credit card. (1000 = £7. 1000 = 1 N64 game)
4) Buy any NES, SNES, N64, Mega Drive, Neo Geo or Turbo Grafx game currently released.
5) Get a Classic Controller (VC pad) to play them all on. Buy two for awesome ass-kicking.

Not ROMs, so not free. Not all games are available, but there's a steady release and some classics already available.

Bit more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Console#Europe

Last edited:
Soldato
1) Connect the Wii to your wireless network.
2) Look for the Virtual Console Shop Channel.
3) Buy some points on your credit card. (1000 = £7. 1000 = 1 N64 game)
4) Buy any NES, SNES, N64, Mega Drive, Neo Geo or Turbo Grafx game currently released.
5) Get a Classic Controller (VC pad) to play them all on. Buy two for awesome ass-kicking.

Not ROMs, so not free. Not all games are available, but there's a steady release and some classics already available.

Bit more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Console#Europe

Sweet thanks for the info!! :D

Do you know how many games you can fit? (assuming it is downloads rather than them sending me a CD?)

Does Wii have a hard drive in or something? Or so I have to buy an SD card?

Sorry I don't know ANYTHING about these consoles other than I'm the nuts a bowling :cool:

again, cheers for the info! :D

G

Associate
The Wii has 512MB of flash memory built in. SD cards can be used to give more, but you then have to shuffle downloaded games between SD and the internal flash as they can only be run from the internal flash memory.

Soldato
The Wii has 512MB of flash memory built in. SD cards can be used to give more, but you then have to shuffle downloaded games between SD and the internal flash as they can only be run from the internal flash memory.

Could I upgrade that 512 to more?

Again apologies if I'm de-railing this thread at all, but I'm sure if the op is as much of a noob as me with Wii's he'll be getting "clued in" by the answers to my questions :)

Cheers,

G

Soldato
Wouldnt you need a plug converter too?

Like the ones you take on holiday but the other way around?

There are ways of plugging a 2-pin plug into a UK socket without an adapter but I wouldn't try it unless you know what your doing. Either that or you can rewire the lead with a UK plug which is safer.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's no big deal, as you can delete games to free up space, then download them again without additional cost. They keep track of what games you have bought in the past.

Ah quality! :) a bit like steam then :D

Looking forward to setting this bad boy up :D

G

Associate
OP
Could I upgrade that 512 to more?

Again apologies if I'm de-railing this thread at all, but I'm sure if the op is as much of a noob as me with Wii's he'll be getting "clued in" by the answers to my questions :)

Cheers,

G

You carry on Sir, the more information the better. I knew nothing of the Wiis capabilities until the kind Gents in here filled in the gaps. Cummon UPS and deliver I need to "try out" the Wii just to make sure it works ;)

Soldato
Cool :) I'll just ask all my Wii questions in here then hehe

next...

Can you plug any old USB keyboard in for internet usage?

Cheers,

G

Back
Top Bottom