1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got myself an Amstrad CPC 464!

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming and Vintage Computing' started by J35T3R, May 15, 2020.

1. J35T3R

Gangster

[​IMG]

2. 2004typer

Gangster

Was just thinking the same - retro corner!

This was my first proper computer as well...... remember playing Head over Heels and Wizball.

Had a colour monitor as well.....think my Mum bought it on the tick from a catalogue at the time - was an epic Christmas Day, probably circa 1987.

3. vanpeebles

Soldato

They don’t make gams like Head Over Heels anymore, superb.

4. Narj

Capodecina

Haha.. I would recommend looking at some type-ins from amstrad action as well as games. Pretty sure almost all issues are available online now...

I think my favourite one was called "boggle" and I learned a lot from that one. Some of the type-ins from the cpc manual itself are good too.

5. Neil79

Caporegime

HERE WE GO :D

The Amstrad is awesome and the same system I grew up on, so here's a fine collection which is even bigger now... I had to stop last year though as it was just getting overwhelming

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. LewisRaz

Wise Guy

Does anyone remember a fighting game? I just remember the loading screen. I think there was a kangaroo with boxing gloves? It would never ever finish loading for me and as a kid I remember trying it quite a few times!

7. lokiss

Mobster

Kosmic Kanga.

Inherited an Amstrad back in the early 90's, fortunately it came with a disk drive. A favourite was that psycho pigs uxb game, played really well.

8. Hades

Capodecina

I did the same when I cleared my dad's house out after he died. I threw all my old stuff in the skip. So much Amiga regret :(

9. unKle

Wise Guy

Ditto! Loved Harrier Attack on the Spectrum, as well as Combat Lynx. Love the old cassette tape case artwork, defintely a nostalgia trip. :)

10. ninjabib

Hitman

My first computer too. I had to have green screen because we were council and couldn't afford the posh coloured one. Gets a rough ride from Commodore and Speccy gamers but when used correctly and not a lazy port this was a fantastic machine.

11. SDK^

Capodecina

Thanks for sharing - so many memories as a kid playing on mine. Freddy Hardest was the first game I loaded up and remember It like it happened yesterday.
    looks like you’ve got a decent working 464 there :)

12. SDK^

Capodecina

Nice collection
    I remember the Quattro game sets, I spent most of one summer school holiday playing Quattro Racers

13. ninjabib

Hitman

The Hit Squad range was a godsend when as a kid you couldnt pay £9.99 for a game each week.

Amazing collection Neil 79. Is that a collection you are keeping or selling?

14. Neil79

Caporegime

Thanks both :)

Keeping matey, the only stuff being sold down the line will be the playstation 1 games...

Loving the Amstrad,Amiga and MegaDrive/Master System too much :D

15. ninjabib

Hitman

Awesome!! Completely don't blame you.

Thinking about getting a CPC464 myself again and collecting. Any tips on where to find the stuff or is it just ebay ebay ebay?

16. J35T3R

Gangster

Ebay but expect to pay in excess of 140 quid for a working example.

17. ninjabib

Hitman

Ouch! didn't think it would be that much! Oh well, it is what it is. Off to ebay i go :)