GPL - OcUK GPL League Summer 2003 Series!

Associate
Roll on the new season. The winter season isn't over yet but through careful timetabling they will overlap slightly. I'm sure it will work perfectly :rolleyes:

the provisional timetable is as follows:

2nd March -; Spa (Winter Season Race 9)
9th March -; (Oz GP in real life) Bathhurst. F1 Class of designated team.
16nd March -; Watkins Glen (Winter Season Race 10)
23rd March -; (Malaysia) SPECIAL: Monza. F2 from any team.
30th March -; Zandvort (Winter Season Race 11 and Last)
6th April -; (Brazil) Limerock. F1 Class of designated team.
20th April -; (Imola) SPECIAL: Le Mans de la Sarte. F1 Class Honday. Int Long Length
4th May -; (Spain) Zandvoort. F1 Class of designated team.
18th May -; (Austria) Zeltweg. F1 Class of designated team.
1st June -; (Monaco) Monaco.F2 Class of designated team.
15th June -; (Canada) Mosport. F1 Class of designated team.
29th June -; (European) SPECIAL: Spa. F1 Brabhams only
6th July -; (France) Rouen. F1 Class of designated team.
27th July -; (Silverstone) Silverstone. F1 Class of designated team.
3rd August -; (Germany) Solitude. F1 Class of designated team.
24th August -; (Hungary) SPECIAL: Watkins Glen. BRM F1 Only.
14th Sept -; (Italy) Monza. F1 Class of designated team.
28th Sept -; (USA) SPECIAL: OVAL. F1 Cooper Only.
Need a poll to choose oval

12th Oct -; (Japan) Kyalami. F1 Class of designated team.');

points system as follows:

1st : 10
2nd : 8
3rd : 6
4th : 5
5th : 4
6th : 3
7th : 2
8th+ : 1

fastest lap : 1
pole position : 1

In addition:
All races are int short except where stated
You can drop your three worst scores from the season.
Disconnections for technical reasons result in 1 consolation point.
One pit stop required per race.
You have to use the same chassis for the whole season except for special races.

To compete you have to have a GPL Rank of better than 107%

see the league website for further details. here

Last edited:
Soldato
I unfortunately am still waiting for play.com to send me my copy..

It's only been 2 and a bit months though :p.

I'm sure they'll ship eventually :cool: :p.

Associate
KPeh

I have a second copy because I cancelled my order from Play and ordered from SoldOut (but Play still sent me one...and didn't bill me :D)

Give me a shout if you want it!

Pj

Soldato
No thanks - I'm quite happy waiting (not particuarly bothered anymore about GPL :p).

*awaits tomato throwing*

Associate
hopefully i'll be able to make this but i haven't got bathurst yet! any suggestions for setups? only just got gpl reinstalled but winvroc is giving me some problems with my freeserve connection - i'll try tiscali over the weekend.

set a new pb at spa this morning before work - by abt 4 hundredths of a second! :) tho that included a terrible eau rouge and a dodgy exit from malmedy.

SamJ

Associate
Originally posted by Overlag
id like to try some of the non champ races this year....looks fun :D

Hi Overlag. The races listed are all Championship races (even the ones listed in Blue. They are blue because they have additional rules enforced).

However, you will be welcome to join us for any friendly events that pop up. If you head over to the League forum, people will usually indicate if they are having a friendly race.

Joining in those friendly races is a good way to get used to the onlien racing side of things (racing with real people is always a little different to hot-lapping and racing against the AI).

OcUK GPL League

Associate
OP
Originally posted by SamuearlJackson
hopefully i'll be able to make this but i haven't got bathurst yet! any suggestions for setups? only just got gpl reinstalled but winvroc is giving me some problems with my freeserve connection - i'll try tiscali over the weekend.

set a new pb at spa this morning before work - by abt 4 hundredths of a second! :) tho that included a terrible eau rouge and a dodgy exit from malmedy.

SamJ

I have tried both wilkes setup and also my general purpose setup by nunnini. both were fine. this is a real drivers track though, so practice is gonna be more important than setup i reckon. I have a feeling the ferraris are gonna do well in this track, the tight bits will suit them.

Associate
OP
Originally posted by Sharknose
Hi Overlag. The races listed are all Championship races (even the ones listed in Blue. They are blue because they have additional rules enforced).

However, you will be welcome to join us for any friendly events that pop up. If you head over to the League forum, people will usually indicate if they are having a friendly race.

Joining in those friendly races is a good way to get used to the onlien racing side of things (racing with real people is always a little different to hot-lapping and racing against the AI).

OcUK GPL League

couldnt read that blue writing so i changed it to green.
in any case we havent had any friendly races for ages. how about tonight sometime? even if we just invade a publice server :) but praccy on bathurst wouldn't go amiss.

Associate
I will probably be able to race tonight, I think the earlier the better though for me, I will probably be going out tonight.

The car we choose for this race is the one we are stuck with for the season isn't it?

Associate
I couldn't find it on that magnust site, the site didn't work, I think I must have got it from dreeders webspace somewhere cos he has all the add-on tracks hosted I think.

Man of Honour
I bought mine of ebay last week for £1 :) I've been trying play this for the last couple of days and damn it's difficult, I need to pickup a good joystick ... playing on the keyboard is just not possible :p I would be up for this new season but after watching SamuearlJackson and others drive of the spa track from one of the ocuk replays I think I'll not ;)

Associate
OP
Mpemba I agree with bigsy.
Most of us in the league are quite experienced at GPL and hence quite fast, but you don't need very much practice to get to the 107% qualifying standard, and you can always join in the league partway through.

If you join the Forum on the league website and ask for help I am sure there will be people there willing to help with setups and techniques.

You will need a decent analogue controller though, A good joystick will do fine though, that's what I use.

after you join gplrank search for our league and then you can add the drivers to your buddy list.

I am Robert Turner on GPLRank btw.

Back
Top Bottom