GPS Mounts

Godfather
Godfather
What kind of mounts are people using for GPS?

If you are looking for something really neat you could do a lot worse than the Techmount Stem Mount.

I bought one for my Zumo 660 and it positions the unit in just the right place. It's neat too. Here's a pic without the Zumo.

mg0241.jpg

You can order it with the correct baseplate fitted for the 660. Quality is superb and there's a UK supplier. Recommended.

Soldato
Here's another angle of the Techmount stem mount, with a bit of background interest ;)

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6498/mg0248h.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

That Tachmount stem looks rather tidy. How easy is it to remove? I've just got a ball joint on the top of my yoke that I can attach my TomTom too via a socket arm thing. Means it's quite tidy when I don't want/need the GPS.

Soldato
Anyways never mind gps. What happened to a map and a layby.

I have the uncanny ability to look at a map and just go there without having to look at it again.

Used to drive a van for a company and they named me the Pigeon because of it LOL

Soldato
Anyways never mind gps. What happened to a map and a layby.

I have the uncanny ability to look at a map and just go there without having to look at it again.

Used to drive a van for a company and they named me the Pigeon because of it LOL

I have the uncanny ability of getting lost when leaving my close!, seriously, am bloody useless, I have no sense of direction and wouldnt get anywhere in the car without my sat nav.

Associate
Is Part Number 3-10105 the one you fitted?, just wondering what else you needed if anything to get your TomTom bolted to it.

Not sure of the fork diameter on a 999S ? But its the same model. Base plate had holes drilled to fit any make a sat nav ;)

Back
Top Bottom