• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU Miners : The cost of honesty

Soldato
Gaming causes damage by the same logic..

No it doesn't!

According to a new worldwide survey, gamers spend 8 hours 27 minutes gaming each week.

Miners mine for 168 hours each week. That's 61,320 hours a year.

It would take a gamer 20 years to use their GPU as much as a miner does in just 1 year.

Last edited:
Permabanned
No it doesn't!

According to a new worldwide survey, gamers spend 8 hours 27 minutes gaming each week.

Miners mine for 168 hours each week. That's 61,320 hours a year. It would take a gamer 20 years to reach that level of use on a gaming card.

They do and at lowered voltage and clocks.

Gaming at stock or overclocked.

Still wears down the GPU, you can't move the goal posts and say it is untrue, both do the same thing.
The base argument and logic still works and is fundamental.

You also know surveys require people to participate, I wonder how many 12 hours a day marathon kiddies and unemployed people joined that?

Possibly too engrossed in their Star Citizen or WOW to care.

But hold your survey as the truth!

The other post is correct about average minds.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Crypto has been the biggest display of collective stupidity by our species yet.

I very much doubt that.

Blockchain is completely useless in the first world, nobody is using smart contracts or dApps....Nobody is using crypto to buy anything legal, its entirely an investment with the hope of getting rich quick for the vast majority.

Quite an exaggeration here. I do agree lots of these projects are trying to solve problems that barely exist. The energy use is a good topic, but you will find in all that greed and negativity your spinning, the Bitcoin business are the ones driving efficient or eco change in order to maximise profits. Much like the military and their ghastly experiments/devices made to kill people - outcome good technology like the microwave oven.

The dinosaur existing setup fall foul to much of your earlier points, i.e. setup for the rich and careless and some of you folk would do well to take a page from your own books and reduce pointless things like air travel and packaging for most food.

Last edited:
Soldato

Assuming this survey actually exists (since you haven't provided any source), I doubt it's accuracy. When I was into MMOs while at college, I could easily fit 8-10 hours into 2 days, it was more like 30 hours a week. I was also pushing my GPU a lot harder than mining does - its not just about time, but the type of use, temperatures etc. Judging by the population of my UO/Neocron/Wow servers, I was far from alone in that type of play time

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Assuming this survey actually exists (since you haven't provided any source), I doubt it's accuracy. When I was into MMOs while at college, I could easily fit 8-10 hours into 2 days, it was more like 30 hours a week. I was also pushing my GPU a lot harder than mining does - its not just about time, but the type of use, temperatures etc. Judging by the population of my UO/Neocron/Wow servers, I was far from alone in that type of play time

There were also in the older wow days (and likely still exists) guys speed levelling. This was trying to go from 1-60 in record time. The amount of hours they slept was the better indicator. These guys would be burning 18 hours of their day playing. Then you have raiding, which was loafing about and preparing on regs/items and a chunk of time clearing a dungeon. Your hours per week would be way more accurate.

Back
Top Bottom