• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU panic selling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Shame you can't tell the difference between energy use (which would be in kWh in an energy bill) and how much you paid.

Irrespective of whether or not your figures are accurate, the energy use of your house is very definately not less than £32 a month because that is an amount of money not an amount of energy.

Shame you people can't even read a graph. Did any of you pass your GCSEs?

Associate
Shame you people can't even read a graph. Did any of you pass your GCSEs?

That would be the graph that very clearly has units of £ on the y-axis?

Money and energy are not the same thing. No matter how much the marketing departments of the UK energy retailers would like you to think otherwise. Even someone with a GCSE in "Science" ought to know that.

I don't have a single GCSE.

And nobody mention Direct Debit.

Caporegime
Convert all bulbs to LED. Have modern appliances.

Don't have electric showers. Use a dishwasher. Don't use a tumble dryer.

You would be surprised how little your electric bill can be with modern appliances and being efficient.

Gas there is nothing I can do bar upgrade the full set up for £5k but that's pointless to save £10-£20 per month.

I'm genuinely amazed by some people's leccy bills they should really figure out what is consuming so much and look at their options

Soldato
And yes I have a wattage meter on my PC, idle - average draw is 125-250w.

Maximum peak in stress tests 649.

Most demanding games around 450-500.

Total monthly electric cost is around £32.

If you think that compares to mining at all then you simply don't have the slightest clue about mining rigs.

PC, idle - average draw is 125-250w ?

is that with monitor on ?

I run 5900x system and on idle its 81-90w with monitor on standby I have the plug that monitors power

Associate
:rolleyes: dont feed the troll guys.

Is this one of them people that need to bump up their post count to unlock MM releases or something?

Some weird agenda of posters lately. Dish out insults but cant take it.

Stop talking about yourself. I unlocked MM access a long time ago and never even use it and have no interest in buying anything from there.

you can't even read a simple energy graph so stop trying to deflect the blame when you are called out for having a non existent IQ.

PC, idle - average draw is 125-250w ?

is that with monitor on ?

I run 5900x system and on idle its 81-90w with monitor on standby I have the plug that monitors power

3 monitors, loads of LEDs, loads of additional stuff like 10+ USB devices powered on at the same time, often second PC on at the same time. About 14 plugs in total connected to the same outlet that I measured.

Do you even have 6 x internal and 2 x external storage drives running?

Why does everyone think that other people's uses must be identical to mine?

That if the average lowest annual energy cost is £580, then mine can't be £450 when my radiators never even switch on?

Pathetic really, maybe try dropping your thermostats below 30c and try wearing some actual clothes?

Last edited:
Associate
Amen. The likelihood of the world's issues being solved in the Graphics Card forum is about the same as the ability to pick up a 3070 for MSRP :p

Associate
F'me just been reading through all the posts.... I've just tried to swap my Gas and Electric as the fixed tariff is about to end and it's gone up from £95 to £130 a month (not sure how one guy uses only £40 :confused::D, maybe our 12 bedroom house and dedicated sim racing room is a bit much :D)

I also tried some mining quite a few years back and recently did the math's to figure out if it was still worth it.

Turns out I'd be loosing £19 a month on the new electricity tariff using a 3070 and that's with all LED house lights and auto power off plugs during the night.

So finally things could be on the up, even this morning I've noticed quite a few 3090's appear on eBay with lower prices from the scalpers.

Soldato
Stop talking about yourself. I unlocked MM access a long time ago and never even use it and have no interest in buying anything from there.

you can't even read a simple energy graph so stop trying to deflect the blame when you are called out for having a non existent IQ.

3 monitors, loads of LEDs, loads of additional stuff like 10+ USB devices powered on at the same time, often second PC on at the same time. About 14 plugs in total connected to the same outlet that I measured.

Do you even have 6 x internal and 2 x external storage drives running?

That if the average lowest annual energy cost is £580, then mine can't be £450 when my radiators never even switch on?

Pathetic really, maybe try dropping your thermostats below 30c and try wearing some actual clothes?

btw wasnt having a go at you was just interested what kind of setup you were running not everyone has an agenda

Associate
F'me just been reading through all the posts.... I've just tried to swap my Gas and Electric as the fixed tariff is about to end and it's gone up from £95 to £130 a month (not sure how one guy uses only £40 :confused::D, maybe our 12 bedroom house and dedicated sim racing room is a bit much :D)

I also tried some mining quite a few years back and recently did the math's to figure out if it was still worth it.

Turns out I'd be loosing £19 a month on the new electricity tariff using a 3070 and that's with all LED house lights and auto power off plugs during the night.

So finally things could be on the up, even this morning I've noticed quite a few 3090's appear on eBay with lower prices from the scalpers.

Blimey that's not bad on the electric. I live with my wife just the two of us in a two bed flat. Our bill is £80 a month, we both game. And the 3090's are still way too expensive.

Associate
Convert all bulbs to LED. Have modern appliances.

Don't have electric showers. Use a dishwasher. Don't use a tumble dryer.

You would be surprised how little your electric bill can be with modern appliances and being efficient.

Gas there is nothing I can do bar upgrade the full set up for £5k but that's pointless to save £10-£20 per month.

I'm genuinely amazed by some people's leccy bills they should really figure out what is consuming so much and look at their options
Also don't have electric heating, it's like heating yourself by setting your money on fire.

Associate
It could be worth picking up a new graphic card while there is a bit of stock at retailers looks like the situation is not changing any time soon for it to make a big difference to price.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...r&utm_term=210622&utm_campaign=bloombergdaily

I haven't got FOMO, quite happy to wait for 4000/7000 or even 5000/8000 series to come out before I upgrade, if it takes that long for prices to stabilise. Samsung is supposed to be increasing production capacity later this year, which might help nvidia supply. I might wait for a 7000 series anyway given that they are due out next year. Samsung announces expansion of its foundry capacity - Neowin

Associate

If that really is the case then I think you need to have another look for an electricity supplier :D

Associate
Blimey that's not bad on the electric. I live with my wife just the two of us in a two bed flat. Our bill is £80 a month, we both game. And the 3090's are still way too expensive.

£80 a month for two really isn't much different to my £32 for one, also considering that the wife likely also uses hairdryers, ironing boards, etc, and I would hope you wash stuff a lot more often than I do.

Then your tariff might have higher charges than the one that I was on had.

Averages are calculated based on both standard tariff and the average old zero insulation house. This also doesn't factor in that my house is south facing and fully warms up from sunlight alone if it isn't cloudy.

How many people leave their thermostat at 16c and simply wear more clothes in Winter? From what I know I'm the only person that does that, most people seem to set it to max.

Last edited:
Soldato
How many people leave their thermostat at 16c and simply wear more clothes in Winter? From what I know I'm the only person that does that, most people seem to set it to max.

Don't think my other half would be too impressed about me sticking it on 16c! :p We just set it to 20 and let it do its thing, the extra £30-40/month for the 4 months or so it's on isn't going to exactly break the bank!

If you were being serious about the 12 bedrooms and dedicated sim room then £130 for both isn't bad, we're paying £115 for a 3 bed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom