• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU Prices Suck. This Is What They SHOULD Have Cost

Soldato
Still have a voodoo 3 3000 agp, lovely card. And we all know the artwork on those boxes was PEAK awesome. Never really bettered!

Soldato

The 2000 series was Nvidia testing the waters for raising prices, People still bit at £1200 for the 2080 Ti so this was a clear sign for Jensen "I worship money and it is my god" to continue raising prices.

The 3080 was an outlier at its MSRP of £649 but most retailers went the scumbag route and massively hiked prices.

In a few more years xx70 class card will have an MSRP of £999 and AMD as they are now the "copy and catch up" company will try to price their cards as close to Nvidia as possible.

All in all the PC hobby is quickly becoming not worth it anymore for a fair few people, At least the people I've talked with in my social circle.

Well the lower classes like myself noticed the prices were off 8 or 10 years back. Now everyone is complaining because its caught up with even the fairly well off PC gamers.

My cousins husband is very well off, Multiple houses, Cars, Bikes type of well off and up until the 4000 series launched he was a PC enthusiast but even for him he said he'd rather invest that money elsewhere as the corporations have let greed go to their head.

Caporegime

Good grief... yet again he makes the argument that RT has a higher value so he's pushing up the 4070 against the 7900 GRE to "put it in a more premium possion" he just can't help himself arguing why Nvidia should cost more, even if you ignore the fact that the 4070 is no better than the 7900 GRE in RT, at all, so its a false claim, he knows the 7900 GRE is a much better card overall, the 4070 looks bad at the same price against the 7900 GRE but rather than admit that he uses a BS reason to give the 4070 an abetry leg up.

Everytime his face is on my screen i'm reminded why i unsubbed from this stupid channel.

Why should AMD bother when people like this just lie to their audience in order to maintain the status quo?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Let me put it this way, the RTX 4070 is the second biggest pile of overpriced garbage put out by any of them collectively. Its deserves nothing but endless ridicule, it certainly does not deserve a "premium position"

The biggest is the 4060 Ti 16GB.

Its high time these _____ stopped suckling on Jensen's breasts.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm not sure they have been for a fair while. Definitely feels (to me) like AMD care more about CPUs than GPUs and GPUs are just an afterthought so they can make APUs.

The 7900 GRE was a reaction to the 4070 price drop.

Despite channels like this only being luke warm about the 7800 XT at $500 it made the 4070 at $600 look bad and that made the 7800 XT the clear winner amongst normal thinking people, it sold very well, continues to, so Nvidia dropped the price, no thanks what-so-ever to channels like this.

The 7900 GRE was AMD's response to Nvidia's response, still channels like this act like the 4070 is more deserving, its a _____ GPU, period, the 7900 GRE nor the 7800 XT are that.

Last edited:
Associate
The 7900 GRE was a reaction to the 4070 price drop.

Despite channels like this only being luke warm about the 7800 XT at $500 it made the 4070 at $600 look bad and that made the 7800 XT the clear winner amongst normal thinking people, it sold very well, continues to, so Nvidia dropped the price, no thanks what-so-ever to channels like this.

The 7900 GRE was AMD's response to Nvidia's response, still channels like this act like the 4070 is more deserving, its a _____ GPU, period, the 7900 GRE nor the 7800 XT are that.
Yep. Costs more, less vram and less performance. Not a great GPU at all.

Caporegime
I'm not sure they have been for a fair while. Definitely feels (to me) like AMD care more about CPUs than GPUs and GPUs are just an afterthought so they can make APUs.

If that was the case they wouldn't have put the effort in to have the first chiplet based gpu on the market, they would have just went monolithic instead. Rdna3 chiplet approach was started in late 2017.

Soldato
I'm just skipping more generations than I used to, no point upgrading when the upgrade is even more than the last card for a scant few percent, needs to basically be double the performance to bite at these prices

No games are really pushing me to upgrade either so this year's fun money went on an oled widescreen
Me too, I would have normally bought every other next gen.

Went from 1080Ti to 3080 during lockdown.

Missed out 4000 series completely and may even skip 5xxx yet.

Associate
Good grief... yet again he makes the argument that RT has a higher value so he's pushing up the 4070 against the 7900 GRE to "put it in a more premium possion" he just can't help himself arguing why Nvidia should cost more, even if you ignore the fact that the 4070 is no better than the 7900 GRE in RT, at all, so its a false claim, he knows the 7900 GRE is a much better card overall, the 4070 looks bad at the same price against the 7900 GRE but rather than admit that he uses a BS reason to give the 4070 an abetry leg up.

Everytime his face is on my screen i'm reminded why i unsubbed from this stupid channel.

Why should AMD bother when people like this just lie to their audience in order to maintain the status quo?
If you value RT then the 4070 wins if not then the 7900 wins.

Associate
If you value RT then the 4070 wins if not then the 7900 wins.
While there's some truth to that, if you value RT then you really need to be looking at higher tier cards, the 4070 Super minimum, at least for games with extensive RT implementations and not just shadows etc.

I used to buy every generation but the gains at the same price point are so trivial that a 2 gen cycle makes a lot more sense. With what is being charged these days the companies still make the same money from me!

Caporegime
Surely that's more for their profit margins (less waste) isn't it?
I mean what have they really done with it?

Laid the ground work to do more with it as they did on the cpu side. It's not like the first iteration of ryzen blew the doors off the cpu world, but subsequent cpus did much more.

Soldato
Still holding on to my 1070ti.

My most anticipated games for the year are indie games anyway (Echoes of the living, Tormented souls 2 and Hollowknight Silksong) so no real need to upgrade. Maybe next gen will have something for me.

Soldato
Laid the ground work to do more with it as they did on the cpu side. It's not like the first iteration of ryzen blew the doors off the cpu world, but subsequent cpus did much more.
That's sorta true, but I remember people being fairly impressed with the 1800X from the outset (I don't remember what the top Intel CPU was at the time or how it compared).
I guess time will tell.

Caporegime
That's sorta true, but I remember people being fairly impressed with the 1800X from the outset (I don't remember what the top Intel CPU was at the time or how it compared).
I guess time will tell.

The first ryzen delivered more cores and got amd back in the cpu game, but it took a few iterations to where they were really putting the boot into intel. Clock speeds were an issue in the first gen then they got them to ramp up subsequently.

Back
Top Bottom