Graduates in here... Let's give ourselves a pat on the back!

Soldato
Phase Variation: On/Off or Dimmer Switch?

It is all about an adaptive mechanism utilised by bacteria known as phase variation. It allows them to quickly adapt to a rapidly changing environment e.g. in the presence of the hosts immune system. Neisseria and Salmonella are two species that rely heavily on phase variation.

Sounds like an interesting project! Hope all goes well.

Associate
Last day of my placement year tomorrow, then my final year before I'm done with uni.

I think I might pretend to be a graduate now... all my friends are prancing round with their degrees! Sadface

Man of Honour
Last day of my placement year tomorrow, then my final year before I'm done with uni.

I think I might pretend to be a graduate now... all my friends are prancing round with their degrees! Sadface

They can prance around all they want, a placement will be much more useful to you :)

Employers are crying out for experience at the moment, and a (decent) placement will give you a good headstart.

Associate
Actually yeah, I have heard that. But I am still envious...I can't wait to get out of the education system!

After spending a year in a proper company I don't feel like going back to uni, I just want to carry on working!

Back
Top Bottom