Graduates in here... Let's give ourselves a pat on the back!

Associate
BTW left school at 16, been on 2 operational tours, kosovo, Iraq, sniper trained, have H on my licence for tanks, done Buck house, St james palace, and windsor castle, lived in Germany for 5 years, can drive a class 1 truck, now a manager at a bank call center, have a kid on the way, university? you mean those people who roll out of pubs and scratch peoples cars at two in the morning? people wit absolutley no common sense whatsoever, my twin sister also left school at 16 and she holds a manager position with the council earning £££££ alan sugar, left school at 16... the list is endless, you wonder why the government is hiking the prices for uni? its because your all sackless, drunken, thick, good-for-nothings who will end up stacking shelves and smoking drugs. sorry .

You're the queens wet dream

EDIT: congrats to all, had a few mates finish their final year too, it's great too see their stress lifted.

Associate
Nice one!

Got any pics of your work?!

I do! Here it is all pinned up for moderation, every project. Graduation project is the 3 central banners :D

206yntz.jpg

Soldato
It's not quite that simple. A pass is over 40% in a Masters usually, whereas a 2:2 is normally for grades over 50%.

That's my experience anyway.

Pass is 50% for every course I've seen.

40% and above and you get a postgraduate diploma and not a Masters degree.

Last edited:
Associate
Got my results last friday which I am extremely happy about...

First Class Honours in BSc Information Systems

Have an informal job offer from my placement year in a multinational (2nd largest within it's industry in the world), but considering it as a last resort as I would like a career in ERP/CRM Consulting. Have an interview lined up next week. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Just thought I'd pop in and say I somehow swindled a First class degree in the end! No idea how I managed it, was expecting to be begging my way up to a 2:1!
Start my job as a set top box middleware dev on Monday, not looking forward to having to be able to /actually code!

Aod

Aod

Soldato
I also managed to swindle a 1st Class Degree in Digital Forensics and Systems Security (Bachelor of Electrical Engineering).
Need to work on finding a damn job now :(

Congratulations to everyone who's passed, no matter how you did.
Extra congratulations to those of you who've finished your masters degrees!

Soldato
Congratulations to everyone! I hope you all go on to great things.

It's a great feeling. I remember mine in 2008, and hopefully will do the same next year :D

Associate
BSc in Chemistry, got a 2.2
I had to graduate a year earlier than expected because I missed the grade cut off for my masters year. :( by 1%!

Was quite a tough year for me with personal issues etc. Hopefully getting onto a teaching PGCE or applying for some graduate jobs.

Associate
All my mates graduated last (EDIT not next!! lol) year, ive only finished my first. Such a mix on whos got jobs lined up and who hasnt though. For example:

All people going into teaching have jobs
Psychology nobody has jobs
Media based stuff like journalism etc, nobody has jobs (what im doing :(, maybe they need to learn how to tap phones lol jokes)
Motorsport based stuff (Some from college) Most ending up in a job that wasnt 100% what they wanted, however one is looking at a F1 career starting next year!!

Hopefully when i graduate, things are a bit better, and ill also have more actual work experience, where i had some major responsibility to jam in my CV :D

Associate
BTW left school at 16, been on 2 operational tours, kosovo, Iraq, sniper trained, have H on my licence for tanks, done Buck house, St james palace, and windsor castle, lived in Germany for 5 years, can drive a class 1 truck, now a manager at a bank call center, have a kid on the way, university? you mean those people who roll out of pubs and scratch peoples cars at two in the morning? people wit absolutley no common sense whatsoever, my twin sister also left school at 16 and she holds a manager position with the council earning £££££ alan sugar, left school at 16... the list is endless, you wonder why the government is hiking the prices for uni? its because your all sackless, drunken, thick, good-for-nothings who will end up stacking shelves and smoking drugs. sorry .

I was going to have a go then and then I saw sniper trained and realised I should shut up lol.

Man of Honour
Nice one dude :) What's the title?

Phase Variation: On/Off or Dimmer Switch?

It is all about an adaptive mechanism utilised by bacteria known as phase variation. It allows them to quickly adapt to a rapidly changing environment e.g. in the presence of the hosts immune system. Neisseria and Salmonella are two species that rely heavily on phase variation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase_variation

Just glad to have it done tbh!

263 pages, 73,790 words :(

Back
Top Bottom