• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics Card Warranties (UK Only) - Let's see how good they really are!

Soldato
i have a XFX hd4770 (bought from a competitors site ) in my kids pc, lets hope nothing happens ;)

i have already expierenced the XFX customer service before, and it is not to be recommended :(

Associate
Very good list I kind of hope Asus does have a good RMA as I have just ordered a graphics card made by them, with luck though it will be something that I never have too use.

Associate
OK thanks for the info
Can anyone give me a guide what I should to to get in touch with sapphire and sent my card to them?
Cause i have no idea were to start

Last edited:
Associate
I have sent back an MSI FROZRII 470 to OCUK the card was less than 2 months old!
They have confirmed that the card is faulty and sent it to MSI for repair or replacement.
I have been told it could take upto 28 days for a replacement!

Would you call that good customer service?

Matt

Soldato
ASUS monitor broke 19 days before the 3 year warranty was up, so quick phone call to ASUS resulted in following day collection of broken monitor, and further 4 days later the replacement was dropped off! So at least ASUS seem efficient when it comes to monitor RMA's...

Only experience I have with gfx card RMA's was back when my brothers BFG GTX285 OCX died after few weeks, OcUK dealt with RMA fast and replacement card worked fine.

Soldato
OP
I have sent back an MSI FROZRII 470 to OCUK the card was less than 2 months old!
They have confirmed that the card is faulty and sent it to MSI for repair or replacement.
I have been told it could take upto 28 days for a replacement!

Would you call that good customer service?

Matt
28 days is the maximum an RMA should take on computer hardware, it still sucks considering if you send something direct to Gigabyte in Milton Keynes, you will get a replacement back within another 2 days.

Let us know how long it takes in this thread, thanks.

zia

zia

Associate
In three days i've only got one response from ASUS regarding my gpu rma,which was stupid link to site that doesn't even deal with asus rma now..the uk asus support site only deals with notebook,lcd Rma's.

zia

Soldato
I read or was told this years ago, so it would be handy if anyone can confrim.

HIS used to do manufacturer warranty from date card was made instead of date you bought it.

Associate
28 days is the maximum an RMA should take on computer hardware, it still sucks considering if you send something direct to Gigabyte in Milton Keynes, you will get a replacement back within another 2 days.

Let us know how long it takes in this thread, thanks.

Yes I will definitely share my experience here.

I would have thought that OCUK would have replaced the card to be honest!

We live and learn.

Matt

Associate
hmm.. good list.. but best these rules are always not kept.. I bet at time OCUK would send cards back to mafuc and it would take ages..

Associate
I didn't realise XFX was only lifetime in the USA, that was the only reason I was buying their cards....I hope my card is alright when I get home. It's 2 years old in April....what happens after that?

Back
Top Bottom