• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics Card Warranties (UK Only) - Let's see how good they really are!

Soldato
geI94u6.png

Attachments

• JFmZ8CM.png
    JFmZ8CM.png
    443 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Sure i remember some forum members waiting months for there GPU card to be returned from an RMA with powercolour
I'll have a dig around and add them to the list, thanks.
lucky for all us HIS customers, gibbo is sorting al our issues out should we have one
Nice one mate, same for me, I have only picked HIS because OCUK is handling the warranty process.
Is that for the full 2 year duration of the warranty? how did you find that out? :)

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
no the full 2 years is dealt with by ocuk, did you read gibbos post ?

so to me and everyone else i think that reads, if you have a HIS SAPPHIRE or XFX card, and it needs RMAing within the 2 year warranty period OcUK will deal with it, and if they find it faulty, will replace

that is why i think most people have gone for HIS Sapphire and XFX cards ( safest bet for easy RMA )
Just looked further on within the actual thread it, so all is good. :)
£30 :) Just buy the HIS - the cards and warranty will be the same as OcUK are dealing with the warranty, even in the 2nd year.
OcUK should put that on the cards description page where you click to buy, might entice more people to buy them than their already is. :)

Soldato
OP
Useful thread. Epic title apostrophe fail :p
I can spell thats about it I'm afraid. I never bothered turning up much to school lol. :)
i thought the 5*** and 6*** had a 2 year warranty ? , that was stated on the product page on the powercolor 5830 i got from ocuk early last year .
so it was incorrect ?
Just done abit of searching it is 2 years, will ammend.

Soldato
OP
Virtually all retailers are specifying 2 years warranty on the 6*** series of Asus cards.
Just to add I work in the service centre for Zotac here in the UK. To qualify for 5 year extended warranty you must register the product within 14 days :) otherwise it's the standard 2 and remember the retailer should handle the warranty they say that they give which is usually the 1.
What's the normal turnaround once the card is sent to Zotac?

Soldato
OP
I know mate, both cards are just under 1 year old now, so... I have 2 years left.

But the question is who is responsible for the remaining two years, the retailer or the manufacturer (ASUS).
Well as far as I'm aware your point of contact is with the retailer not the manufacturer.

Sometimes it's best to go through the manufacturer if they provide a good service like Gigabyte does, if any retailer told me to go through the manufacturer and I'm not getting anywhere I would take it up with Trading Standards (Consumer Direct) no messing about.

If you don't get your RMA sorted within 28 days anyway you should be entitled to a similar product or a credit note towards a different card, that's what most other retailers do.

Soldato
OP
im reading that as if you want to get a replacement card quickly then buy nvidia.
On the AMD/ATI Graphics Cards side of things, Out of the top 7 for warrantys I listed as best - Gigabyte has the best turnaround, MSI is fairly ok at 2 weeks turnaround.

And if you buy a HIS AMD/ATI Graphics Card bought from OcUK they deal with the RMA direct for the full duration of the warranty, it was mentioned on another forum thread from OcUK staff.

Soldato
OP
I have sent back an MSI FROZRII 470 to OCUK the card was less than 2 months old!
They have confirmed that the card is faulty and sent it to MSI for repair or replacement.
I have been told it could take upto 28 days for a replacement!

Would you call that good customer service?

Matt
28 days is the maximum an RMA should take on computer hardware, it still sucks considering if you send something direct to Gigabyte in Milton Keynes, you will get a replacement back within another 2 days.

Let us know how long it takes in this thread, thanks.

Soldato
OP
Tute said:
[Edit 2] Looking though the thread, our friend in the OP seems to have stopped updating certain bits.
Nothing of note to update, I keep a good eye out for anything really - I may have a dig on Sparkle see if I can grab some info/details - probally the least popular brand.

The Info on the original thread is pretty much accurate, unless I get told otherwise but then again I dont take anything for granted, especially when someone buys an XFX card from OcUK and waiting 26 days already for a replacement - the warranty info seems pretty much reminiscent of the odour you get when walking into a Pig pen on a farm . . . . .

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Tute said:
Well Sapphire warranties are being honoured by OcUK so that can be updated.

It wasn't meant to read as a dig btw, that was totally not my intention. Just having a bad day. :)
No problem, but I read in a previous post someone buying an XFX card . . . was this from OcUK? they been waiting over 26 days.

the100thidiot said:
RMA received on: 3 Feb, 2011, 10:17am
Status: We are currently awaiting a replacement from our supplier.

If I'm honest I was pretty impressed with the service from them, they had tested it and confirmed it was faulty within 2 hours of receiving it, which was pretty quick!

But being made to wait 28 days for replacement, not so good. Especially when they have them in stock and OcUK have confirmed my gfx card is dead :(

Soldato
OP
Well i RMA'd my Asus 6950 & OKers tested and sent out a replacement within days, had the usual email regarding being tested etc..
Only had the card for less than a week so not sure if that makes any differance after all a warranty is a warranty ?
If it goes wrong within the 1st 28 days of purchase they will replace as far as I am aware, after that period runs out then off to manufacturer for replacement it goes.

Soldato
OP
Tarqy said:
Left it around 30 days then contacted OcUK, I'm assuming they've heard nothing from ASUS so they offered me a Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 6950 2048MB as a replacement.
Thanks for letting us know, just goes to prove how pathetic Asus Warranty is on graphics cards.

Back
Top Bottom