Gray Zone Warfare

Associate
Is LZ camping going to be a big issues for this seen quite a few streamers having it done to them and doing it to others, it does look like a promising game though.

Is there still an issue with AI lasering you through foliage?

Soldato
Is LZ camping going to be a big issues for this seen quite a few streamers having it done to them and doing it to others, it does look like a promising game though.

Is there still an issue with AI lasering you through foliage?

They're most likely going to have to figure out a way for it to be somewhat dynamic. It certainly feels like a problem already. Last night I was waiting for my team mates to land and they said they were 30 seconds out. In that time an enemy chopper landed at the same LZ (thought it was them) - Obviously killed the guy because I'm just sat there, but that small of an overlap felt wild.

Associate
Associate
Another decent run last night, me and my mate got another mate up to our task set, we have a couple more lads who are getting it so we are passing the tutorial duties down now lol. 5hrs run last night with no issues

Associate
wow... that's good... really good... if you're thinking "should I, shouldn't I" then just get it and jump in!

Did I miss some sort of tutorial, though... had to tab out and find a youtube video to work out how to deploy and evac

Associate
Can you definitely have coop in those PVE matches?

I did 2h last night... you select PVP or PVE server (PVE is called Joint Ops) and choose 1 of 3 factions (pretty sure it makes little to no difference, at the moment, except where your home base is, but you can only groups up with members of your faction!).

It looks like you can see all the players on your faction on the map (blue markers on the map) and can group up with friends of randoms or just play solo.

At the home base, bring up the map (long M press) and click on a destination LZ (the choppers are like fixed taxis... they take you from A to B and kick you off the chopper when they get there).
The chopper comes into the base, you get on and it goes.
You can get on a.n.other chopper, nothing stopping that, so I ended up at India LZ, much further north than I had intended, but grabbed some loot and extracted :)

Definitely co-op without PVP (is there Friendly Fire from group members?) if you choose Joint Ops.

Associate
I am enjoying this currently and has replaced Tarkov as my “main” game

My only criticism currently would be

Noise of helicopters
The Ai is either braindead or S.A.S
Shooting through bushes and objects showing the AI literally tracking you through objects

All fixable and for a first stab its been very enjoyable on the whole. The tasks are a bit repetitive however being able to put the item in the container meaning you can hand it in even if you die is a much welcome change from the survive and extract tarkov syndrome.

Soldato
I'm quite tempted by this, can it be played casually solo? I really likedTarkov but couldn't play enough to keep up gear wise to have a chance in fights.

Associate
I'm quite tempted by this, can it be played casually solo? I really likedTarkov but couldn't play enough to keep up gear wise to have a chance in fights.
It can yes, you will be able to join up with your faction easily as well as they are marked on the map.

I have played a fair bit solo and its been enjoyable its just the AI that need tweaking.

Soldato
Ive played solo the whole time, its doable but you need to be careful.
In the starting town its not too tough but once you move further out the bots are brutal.

I was one of the people who got locked out with a corrupted account on day one so missed the first 3 days, but they turned round a couple of quick hotfixes and that sorted it.

I'm not a good benchmark for performance as I'm running a 14900k and a 4090 but it stays over 100fps for me so far, some streamers are saying some zones just tank your PC but I havent been there yet.

Servers can be a bit laggy at peak times but on the main I really enjoy it.

Soldato
No way to rebind push to talk?
Sounds like you need SPTarkov, it's amazing tbh.
Nah I don't want single player.

EDIT
Went to deploy and it crashed on loading, not a good first impression!

EDIT 2
And the second time. Will try dropping graphics settings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom