Great First day back at work...

Soldato
... I come back out to my car at 11pm to find this:

162708_478392146780_525656780_6420108_5931543_n.jpg

Front Bumper gone
Spoiler gone
Driverside skirt damaged
Both front wings damaged

3 weeks off sick (anxiety and depression), and today was my first day back... Someone hates me? :(:(:( Kick me when im down!

didn't know VXR's sufferd the same problem. This happens to cars on FiestaSTOC roughly 3times a year. Im the 4th now though :(

Ive seen 2 like this in Romford though. Not much can be done to stop it, other than not using it. But its not even safe on the driveway so :(

Can you get it fixed through your insurance? What is the estimated cost to repair? Did they take it off neatly or rip it?

rip it. the bumper is attached by 3 clips on each wing, thats basically it. However the clips are strong, and its bent both wings, as they tugged it off.

the rear spoiler is just two bolts, and it doesn't look like its damaged the boot lid when they took that off.

Side skirt is just clipped on, and i couldn't see any damage, i may even be able to just clip it back on.

I will check it again in the morning.

Will phone insurance to let them know about it, then maybe phone back once the police contact me. There is a FiestaST written off on STOC so i may already have the parts i need. Got some guys that will be able to fit them too. So it might not all be bad. Really not sure on costs yet. I cant really afford it though. :(

Hopefully this won't be a recurring thing. ST bumpers are only about £250 for a new genuine part with the grills and the spoiler is £150, cheap dirty scum.

car will probably be fixed, then sold. Like you say i cant risk it happening again.

the problem is, ripping this off they've damaged it so surely its worth very little to someone, as they are going to have problems attaching it. I mean the rear spoiler must have cracked because the bolts that hold it on are still here with bits of the spoiler attached. Makes no sense :(

It's.... a car. It's replaceable.

Don't worry OP. Just get on to the insurance and get it sorted. Move on with your life and just put it down to local scum. Done. Not gonna help your depression/anxiety worrying about a little Fiesta. No offense. Just being realistic.

i kinda agree, but if all i can afford is a "little fiesta" do you think i can afford the repair bills or losing my cheap insurance? Im on greenlight who wont insure me once i've had a claim. so that's a extra 300-400 (double) a year ill have to pay now. And as Janesy said, now i wont be able to leave it ANYWHERE, because ill be too worried it will happen again.

sucks.

Gutted :(

I bet your heart sank when you saw that.

still hasn't re-floated yet :(

Last edited:
Some of the replys in this thread remind me why I love this place, its a real community here.

I feel for the OP. Sure. :(

yup. Im mostly a lurker here i only really post on motors, but its the best forum around... So even though not many people know me, the response has been nice, helpful and polite, no one likes seeing it happen to someone's pride and joy.

Its why people stick around. We may have our silly arguments here, but its a great community.

It's people being cheap, and thieving scum. Wheel centres go walkies on these quite frequently as well as they are a popular mod on the ph1 mk5 Fiesta Zetec-S wheels. Seen many a ST looking sad, sitting there with bare nuts.

mine has bare nuts too lol :(

Now I'm not someone to claim that Essex ISN'T a dive but at the same time I've been to areas I'd consider FAR worse.

Like everywhere, it has its good bits and bad bits.

yeh it doesn't just happen here, it happens all over the country.

What I'm gathering from this is that people on the internet are nice and that the outside world is nasty and horrible scrotes. I'm staying indoors :)

yeh tell me about it!

a few more pictures.

boot lid bent slightly from the upwards force they used to take spoiler off.
IMG_3042_edit.jpg

side skirt hanging off, i don't know if this is recoverable. It does look like it, but im not sure.
IMG_3046_edit.jpg

Wing damage is the same on both sides. Driver side wing is bent away from headlight slightly too.
IMG_3051_edit.jpg

Last edited:
They will be able to put that back good as new.

having two spare ones gives me more options they are the same colour but not sure on the match, if i dont need them i can always give them back, we've lent each other stuff in the past. Everything else is minor really, its just getting a new bumper/spoiler/fogs etc all sorted out.

Let's just hope he didn't nick them off another Fiesta :p

lol na he took his off when he put RS repeaters on spare ones he has.

Could have been worse, my Dad had the boot of his Orion cut off at the hinges with bolt cutters because they wanted the spoiler.

yeh, ive also seen it when the bolts that hold the spoiler on go straight through the boot lid breaking all the metal. So im lucky...

Last edited:
Can you afford the repairs to avoid claiming? On top of your excess (which is probably has a compulsory on top of your vol for that type of model) you'll be paying for years to come for what those ***** did.

im pretty sure my excess is £250, not sure on what i stand to loose and how much things are going to increase after a claim though. Problem with greenlight is they only insure drivers without claims. But i guess this would be classed as a non fault claim? I dunno. Ill get on the phone to them soon.

Back
Top Bottom