Great OcUK Annual Survey 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Done, be interested to see the results.

Funny how some of the questions are actually being proven in some of the posts being made in this thread :D

Soldato
OP
Consoles question, I own two of them but can't select two.
Agreed that question is not great, it was meant to be a 'which one do you think is best' scenario but then I've put "all of them and none of them" as answers so agreed it's a confused question.

Associate
Hi all,

I plan to run one of these once a year to see the evolution of the make up of the forum.

The majority of the questions are optional, so if you're not comfortable then don't fill it in. Also I know this will be open to trolls but there's not much I can really do about that except try to filter out the crap myself.

I will leave it open to responses until a week Sunday 15/09/19

I will post my own graphics with some results shortly after. On top of this I will post a link to the .csv file with the results in if anyone wants to look at the data themselves.

Here's the link: https://forms.gle/jsbTkjUQxfJXpWde7

Also I am totally open to feedback for adding more sections and more questions.

Thanks.

Its a bit long winded, gave up after page 3.

Soldato
Out of interest, what kind of results are you hoping to post? There's going to end up with a lot of data here, given the number of questions and answers.

Be good to maybe offer up a spreadsheet of the results at the end so losers (like me) can do their own analysis based on things they find interesting.

Soldato
OP
Out of interest, what kind of results are you hoping to post? There's going to end up with a lot of data here, given the number of questions and answers.

Be good to maybe offer up a spreadsheet of the results at the end so losers (like me) can do their own analysis based on things they find interesting.

See the OP:

I will post my own graphics with some results shortly after. On top of this I will post a link to the .csv file with the results in if anyone wants to look at the data themselves.

I will of course just post the results as they are for reach question, I will then try to do some multi variable analysis on a few things. I am of course open to suggestions on this, if someone says "of the people who voted leave how many would now vote remain" etc. I would be happy to do that. I would also do some funny/silly ones such as are right wingers more likely to be apple fanboys etc.

I have some theories about things and I'd like to see if they're true myself. e.g. I think the people who would label themselves not as centre left or right (so explicitly right or left wing) would be more inclined to say the level of discussion is bad and that there is an echo chamber. I regularly see people on here saying things like "you and your lefties..." or "stupid right wing brexiteers". I suspect these people feel like there is more of the opposition because they're so entrenched in their views. Also the idea came from a conversation with Greebo in the beggers in Leeds thread, he said the forum is historically very right wing, and I hear this bandied about a lot on this forum. However every recent voting intention poll has had almost twice as many Labour/Lib Dem voters as Tory/BXP/UKIP so I don't think that trope is true.

Soldato
OP
I persevered until the end but had to amuse myself somehow, so some of the answers stating merely “your mum” are me.

Sorry.
So far we have 1 female, 1 alien, 1 prefer not to say and 1 your mum. The rest are male :cool:

Also whoever put "Does the postman delivery letterpost when it been snowing?" in the meme section. Thank you so much. I forgot about this absolutely wonderful gem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom