Great solution for people walking across your lawn

Soldato
Assuming it is the US from the thumbnails might be local city code or whatever it is which prevents it :s some have some pretty crazy things you can or can't do or you become liable for if you do or don't do, etc.

It ain't just the US on my mothers estate they have a similar rule the council won't allow you to fence off the communal grass strip in front of the houses. They don't officially even allow you to mark out your front area of lawn with flower beds but she did it anyway and it at least deters most people from walking in front of the windows (except the postie, nothing deters the postie)

A lot of those private estates are even worse their rules are positively draconian

Last edited:
Soldato
It ain't just the US on my mothers estate they have a similar rule the council won't allow you to fence off the communal grass strip in front of the houses. They don't officially even allow you to mark out your front area of lawn with flower beds but she did it anyway and it at least deters most people from walking in front of the windows (except the postie, nothing deters the postie)

A lot of those private estates are even worse their rules are positively draconian
Of course they don’t allow you to fence off communal areas for yourself. They wouldn’t be communal then!

Capodecina
Soldato
How on earth do people put up with TikTok etc. Even completely banal videos are completely ruined by overacting and awful "voiceovers"

You're too old.

Literally, this is the reason. I don't get Tiktok either. It's a ridiculously crap website filled with some of the worst content the web has. But younger people seem to love it.

Associate
Indeed. A friend of mine who lives just outside of Vegas went away on deployment and upon returning home found that the neighbourhood association were trying to fine him due to his lawn being slightly overgrown and unkempt.

They would be very angry in my area! it is either overgrown, shingle, or paving slabs.

Associate

My experience on new build (unadopted by council roads/communal areas) estates is that people ignore all the covenants on the properties and do what they want. Their actions were never challenged and no one had to put it back to the original plans and street scene. The council only really cares for the first 10 years. I understand they have grounds under planning rules to tell owners to put it back to the plans during that time.

Back
Top Bottom