Poll: Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [11th - 13th July 2020]

When will Utd be awarded their first penalty tonight

• Before the 1st drinks break

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Between the 1st drinks break & HT

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Between HT & the 2nd drinks break

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Between the 2nd drinks break & FT

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Associate
As great as that Leicester result, MU still have to play tomorrow (Monday) and Wednesday. That is pretty tough going irrespective of current form.

Soldato
Southampton are also on decent form as well.

Even though we've had a good run of results, we always look liable to concede - how City couldn't get one past us I don't know - Everton showed how easily we can be undone.

All Utd need to do is pretty much park the bus and thump long balls to the front three and you'll have our defence running around like headless chickens.

Our away record is good because we are only effective counter attacking, when we try and play a 'home' game and actually keep the ball etc. where other teams allow us a bit of possession, we have virtually no creativity to do anything with it.

I think on the face of it our recent record flatters us too.

We've been comfortable against Watford and Norwich, who were both dreadful and showing off exactly why they're relegation candidates this year, we've fluked City with a single wonder goal and then god knows how much luck to not concede, drawn with an average Everton side and lost to Arsenal who were coming off the back of two fairly bad losses.

So whilst we're looking like WWWDL form, I don't think we'll be posing Utd many problems.

Last edited:
Don
OP
Southampton are the weirdest side in PL history. They're as likely to win tonight as they are to lose 5-0. Despite winning all 4 games, in the last 2 seasons our 4 games vs Southampton have all been some of our hardest games.

They're a side that's much better than the sum of their parts but the problem is a lot of those parts are quite bad and are capable of making individual errors that **** them over.

Back
Top Bottom